Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening my left over swamp of a pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Levelland Texas

Opening my left over swamp of a pool

Okay, I have had a couple of threads going recently discussing converting to SWG and power washing my liner.....anyway, our pool has only about 2 feet of water in it as we didn't cover it over the winter and it is a total green swamp...originally we thought of just draining it and refilling it the same day/immediately so as to not damage the liner, but.....I have another thought, and this may be a totally stupid question......

Could we use some bleach and some type of circulation (w/o filtering) on this left over water to atleast kill everything then just fill to the top then start filtering, treating, opening the normal way, or would draining and refilling be better????

Thanks for any response I can get on this question!!!
    Levelland/Lubbbock Tx./24' round, 48" deep AGP/13,500 gal/Intex SWG/1 hp Hayward pump/Hayward pro series 20" sand filter... w/ new sand added about 2 years ago/New vinyl liner....=)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Opening my left over swamp of a pool

Unless there is a foot or more of muck in the bottom it is simplest to fill the pool to the regular level and then start cleaning it up. Completely draining an in-ground vinyl liner is almost never a good idea.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School