Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aqua Pur SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aqua Pur SWG

I have not added salt in the last 6 months however my salt reading continues to grow from to 3.8 to currently 5.0 When I turn on the system most of the time it shows cell reversing and the service light is on. The screen will flash #145 that I understand is too much salt. The cell on light never comes on. I have cleaned the cell and sensor as per mfg instructions. This unit is only 15 months old. I sure would appreciate any suggestions that would save me a service call.
    24x52intex 1hp DB pump & 75lb DB sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Jandy Aqua Pur SWG

Have you tested the salt level indpendent of the unit to confirm the actual level?

Someone with experience with that particular unit should be along shortly
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your post. I had my water tested yesterday and the salt level was OK. I didn't know that after I had cleaned my cell that I needed to recalibrate my unit. Everything looks like it is working for the first time in weeks! Hope this info helps someone else.

4. Back To Top    #4

When you say OK, what was the result...we would expect a reading somewhere in the 3500ppm range
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Our area has a lot of salt in the water and the reading came in at 3900ppm.