Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nature 2 GF series with Salt pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Nature 2 GF series with Salt pool

I was told that you can use these Nature 2 cartridges up to 2 seasons? I don't see how this is possible when they probably break donw and corrode during the winter/non use?

Do you change it out every year??
    Chris A.
    ---
    20x40 36k gal IG vinyl pool w/diving board & slide
    1HP Pentair Challenger motor & pump | 30" Triton TR100 sand filter | Stenner 45MHP2 Peristaltic Pump
    Hayward CL200 Tablet Chlorinator | Pentair SM-20-3 multiport | TF-100
    ---
    2003 Sundance 850 Altamar hot tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nature 2 GF series with Salt pool

I am not familiar with GF cartridges. Nature2 G cartridges are good for up to 6 months. Nature2 CF cartridges are good for up to 4 months.

We don't recommend using Nature2 at all. Nature2 is a copper and silver system, both of which can lead to unsightly and difficult to remove stains if used too much, while providing little benefit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry it is a G series. So what you are saying is that these units are not needed to keep crystal clear water(SWG)? Last year was my first summer and our water was perfect, very little chemical(ph down) work so I figured the Nature 2 was great help.

I just hate to pay for another cartridge if they don't help the water stay clear.

Many thanks
    Chris A.
    ---
    20x40 36k gal IG vinyl pool w/diving board & slide
    1HP Pentair Challenger motor & pump | 30" Triton TR100 sand filter | Stenner 45MHP2 Peristaltic Pump
    Hayward CL200 Tablet Chlorinator | Pentair SM-20-3 multiport | TF-100
    ---
    2003 Sundance 850 Altamar hot tub

4. Back To Top    #4

They certainly aren't required to have perfect crystal clear water. A SWG all by it's self is usually just about prefect as long as you take a little time to make sure your chemical levels are properly balanced.

In a perfect world the Nature2 system allows you to turn down the percentage on the SWG just a little, and otherwise have no effect. In practice they don't always even do that, and once in a long while they cause serious problems.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mykidzm3
    very little chemical(ph down) work so I figured the Nature 2 was great help.
    The N2 has no affect on PH either way.

You don't need it! Pitch it....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

The N2 is expensive to keep up with and is not a very good idea as it adds metals to the pool water. This can cause stains on your pool surfaces after a while.

I pulled the cartridge out of my Nature 2. Last year, I deplumbed it from the system. Have never looked back.

7. Back To Top    #7

I have the DuoClear system - it can't be run without a cartridge in place because of the way it's designed. Instead, I opened up the cartridge, removed the bag full of little balls (this is the silver and mineral I assume), put the cartridge back together and also have not looked back.

Prior to doing this I was getting unsightly brownish stains on my return eyeballs, skimmer basket, pump basket and some on my steps, though not as bad. These stains disappeared with Vitamin C. This upcoming season will be my first full season without the silver/minerals being added. If the stains don't come back, I'll know it was the mineral cartridge causing them.
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star VS900 (1.85 HP) pump, Hayward C3030 cartridge filter
    Nine Techno Solis 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre