Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just Fired my Pool Company

1. Back To Top    #1

Just Fired my Pool Company

I just wanted to give a great big thank you to all of you on this board. I've been reading through the various different threads and the pool school for the past month or so and I finally got up the guts to fire my pool company today. TFP finally helped me realize that pool chemistry isn't as hard as I was making it, and pool repairs don't require a mechanical engineering degree. I am planning on using the BBB method from now on. I've got the TF100 test kit, and should have listened to you guys about getting the magnetic stirrer. I have one coming tomorrow along with my Liquidator (Thanks PST!) and will post test results once I have the stirrer to help get accurate readings.

From reading all of your posts and seeing your pictures, I realized I could handle repairs, and actually installed a replacement header for my heater and a new multiport valve today, both of which were damaged in February's ice storm. I replumbed everything, which was much easier than I thought it would be. Without this site, and it's great knowledge base, I would never have attempted this, or the daily upkeep.

Tomorrow the Liquidator arrives, and I'll be itching to install it. I probably won't have time until next weekend, but look forward to doing this also.

Pool School + The Pool Calculator = No more Pool Service!
    13,000 Gallon IG Plaster Pool, Raised spa with spillover waterfall, Hayward 48sf DE Filter, Hayward Northstar Pump, Hayward 400k BTU Heater, Del Eclipse 2 Ozonator, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF100 Test Kit, The Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just Fired my Pool Company

What is the magnetic stirrer?
    28,000 gallon IG, Plaster Interior
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Pentair Inteliflow VS Pump 3HP
    20+ Years old and use TF Test Kit
    *Pool remodel coming 10/01/14 details to be in new thread

3. Back To Top    #3

A magnetic stirrer is a device that stirs your test sample for you. It is helpful for test that require lots of stirring and lots of drops. The CH test is a good one to have a magnetic stirrer for. Here's the link to get one...

http://tftestkits.net/SpeedStir-Magneti ... r-p56.html

4. Back To Top    #4

http://tftestkits.net/SpeedStir-Magn...irrer-p56.html

It stirs your drops into the water for you, making your test results more accurate.
    13,000 Gallon IG Plaster Pool, Raised spa with spillover waterfall, Hayward 48sf DE Filter, Hayward Northstar Pump, Hayward 400k BTU Heater, Del Eclipse 2 Ozonator, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF100 Test Kit, The Liquidator

5. Back To Top    #5

Congratulations! Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    A magnetic stirrer is a device that stirs your test sample for you. It is helpful for test that require lots of stirring and lots of drops. The CH test is a good one to have a magnetic stirrer for. Here's the link to get one...

http://tftestkits.net/SpeedStir-Magneti ... r-p56.html
    257WbyMag speaks the TRUTH! It took me 130 drops to get my CH level... Lots of drippin, droppin N stirrin going on...

Congrats on Claiming Your Freedom! Put that pool service $$$ into dates with your sweetheart and never look back....
    Pool Capacity - 17,000+/-,Sand Filter on IG plaster style older build, pump size TBD

Free eBook! ---> Internet Safety Tips - "The Essentials" ---> The Seeber Consulting Blog

7. Back To Top    #7

Just jumped out there and went whole hog did you! Welcome to the team. Another day..............another convert.
    We need pics of that liquidator hooked up please. Or rather (I do). Seriously considering one.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

8. Back To Top    #8

Magnetic Stirrer is good as mentioned above and when you are shocking.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits