Can you install a Solar controller with an Aquatrol?

Apr 29, 2008
I have a goldline aquatrol and two solar panels. For the last two years I have been manually turning my valves to regulate the water flow to the solar panels. I am interested in purchasing a goldline solar controller but my question is if the aquatrol has lugs or terminals to provide power to the solar controller. I currently use the aquatrol to turn my pump on and off. I thought I would ask here to see if anyone else has done a similar set-up before I open up the aquatrol to check inside (its cold and rainy today and I'd rather stay indoors and think about warmer weather. Thanks.

You can do that easily enough. If you want the solar controller to run the pump extra time when the sun is out, you will have to hard wire the AquaTrol and the solar controller to each other to get everything to work correctly.

This morning I decided to open up the aquatrol to see what connections are inside. I think the easiest way to provide power to the solar controller from the aquatrol will be to use the terminals on the pump output receptacle. I will just use one of the electrical knock-outs on the bottom of the enclosure and use a watertight fitting, Then attach the wires to the screws on the pump receptacle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.