DIY - Tile and Coping job.

Oct 18, 2010
Fannett Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
So its been a while since I posted. But we didn't get enough from our refi and some bathroom remodels had to take place, so our total rehab of the pool didn't take place.

My question is, how much goes into a tile and coping job? The one builder we talked to suggested that we do the tile and coping this year and the resurface next year. The wife and I wondered if we should have him resurface and I try the tile and coping portion.

If we go that route... should I do the tile and coping before the resurface, or wait till after?

Thanks!

J

You get a better joint between the plaster and the tile if you chip out the old material on both sides and then apply the new tile first.

Water line tile and coping is not too bad as a DIY job. The only thing you really need to be careful about is that you purchase the correct materials to work with, and even that isn't too difficult.

JasonLion said:
You get a better joint between the plaster and the tile if you chip out the old material on both sides and then apply the new tile first.

Water line tile and coping is not too bad as a DIY job. The only thing you really need to be careful about is that you purchase the correct materials to work with, and even that isn't too difficult.

What materials would I need for the job?

Sorry, your dealing with a pool Noob here. I've done a lot of other home repairs like kitchens, bathrooms, and other rooms. I just don't know anything about pools, so I don't want to screw things up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.