Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG for pool, but none for spa with waterfall

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

SWG for pool, but none for spa with waterfall

I was about to pull the trigger and purchase an SWG for my 18K pool, but thought I'd ask this question first. I have a separate 4.5K spa about 25 feet away with a waterfall which I believe is made of flagstone, so I didn't want to put an SWG there due to problems with salt and soft stone.

One thing I didn't consider is if a bather wanted to move from the pool directly to the spa... would that introduce much salt to the spa that could potentially hurt the flagstone? I suppose it depends upon how often that occurs, but just wanted some opinions.
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG for pool, but none for spa with waterfall

Not enough to be meaningful. Your spa already has salt in it if it is a chlorinated spa. Chlorine product, both liquid and stabilized add salt over time. It's not uncommon to see a non-swg pool with 1000+ ppm of salt in it.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator