EasyTouch questions.

mud

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2010
In the EasyTouch 8 system, I can see the RPM and Watts under Settings->IntelliFlo->Pump #1->Status. When I go to the same menu on the Wireless 8 Controller, both the Watts and RPM are always 0. Any way to fix this?

Also, can somebody Explain how the "Settings->Valves" work? I have 3 Jandy auto valves (intake, outtake, and solar) but the menu only has Valve A and B. Right now A is Pool and B is Spa. How do I know which valve is A and B? How does the 3rd work if there is only 2 settings in the menu?

Finally, I have a schedule setup to run the pump at a higher speed but since it isn't associated with a "Pool", the IC40 does not come on. How can I associate the High Speed setting with "Pool"?

Typically two valves are used to switch between pool and spa modes, one on the suction side of the pump and one on the return side. Both valves switch together. A third valve can be assigned to either solar or one of the aux circuits. And a fourth valve can be assigned to another AUX circuit. The valves menu controls which AUX circuit valves A and B are associated with. If solar is enabled it must use valve A, and valve A is no longer available on the Valves menu.

Which valve is which depends on where the wires coming from the valve actuators are plugged in on the main controller. There are separate places to plug in the intake valve, return valve, valve A, and valve B. In your setup, you want the intake valve plugged into intake, return valve plugged into return, and the solar valve plugged into valve A. Once two body (pool & spa) and solar modes are enabled the valves will take on their normal meanings automatically. You don't enter anything on the Valves Menu.

Thanks for the replies. The valves make sense to me now. I saw the diagram inside the EasyTouch panel as well which also helped.

RPM & WATTS did show up after a bit of waiting on the wireless controller. Thanks for the tip.

Anybody know how to allow the IC40 to run in a mode other than POOL or SPA or how I can associate the HIGH SPEED more with POOL?

You shouldn't need to IC40 to run other than in pool or spa mode. Nor can I imagine using high speed when in pool mode.

There is something about the way you are thinking about things that does not correspond to the way the EasyTouch is designed, but it isn't clear to me just what that is. What are you actually trying to do?

There's not much skimmer action when I run in Pool mode. VS runs at 1750 RPM in pool mode. I'd like to be able to run in High Speed mode for an hour or so a day to get better skimmer action. I'm not really sure if losing that hour of the IC40 generating chlorine is critical or not. I run the VS about 9-10 hours a day in the summer.

To setup a period of higher speed you need to dedicate an aux circuit. You assign the desired pump speed to the aux circuit and then schedule it to come on at the times you desire. If it comes on while the pool is circulating, the pump will move to the higher speed (it always runs at the highest speed of anything that is currently on) and the IC40 will also run (since pool mode is active).

"it always runs at the highest speed of anything that is currently on"... this is the piece I was missing, thanks Jason! I did not have high speed schedule overlapping with the pool schedule but now that I know this little tidbit I made that change and it's running as I expect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.