Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie needs helpful advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie needs helpful advice

I just purchased a used 3 year old 24x52 Outback abg. It has a beaded liner. My question is: Can I reuse this liner if I set the pool up within a weeks time of draining and tearing down? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Newbie needs helpful advice

You might want to try and keep it wet until you can try it----------and I sure would. 3 years old ain't bad at all.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

Its worth a try! Keep it moist like woodyp said, and out of the sun. Drying out may cause it to shrink. You might try getting a couple of large tarps, lay it out on one, spray it good with the hose, roll it up, and cover it with the other tarp. Then pull back the cover and spray it daily and re-cover until time to install it. You will need to patch the liner at the returns, skimmer and any other opening cut into the liner. Odds of getting everything to line up correctly on the re-install are very slim. Good luck!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the advice, however, the liner ripped as I was taking it down. Oh well...