I have a question about a Jandy Multi-Port Valve. The multiport has 6 different choices and I'm not sure what they all are for. If anyone could explain the different operations or when I would use them I would realy appreciate it.
1. Filter.....Obviously to run water through the filter.
2. Rinse....Not really sure what this mean or what it's for.
3. Recirc...Assuming this means Recirculate but not sure when or why i'd use it.
4. Backwash....I think I know this one.
5. Waste....I'm assuming this is bypassing the filter completely and shooting water straight out.
6. Closed...Does this mean it shuts down all water going to the filter?
Also can someone explain the procedure for backwashing, do you just shift the handle to Backwash and let it run until the water coming out is clear?