Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ? for the PB's how would you fix an excavation mistake?

1. Back To Top    #1

? for the PB's how would you fix an excavation mistake?

This is a very random question that popped into my head . If you are excavating a pool and say a wall collapses or it gets dug to wide for instance, how would you build the dirt wall back up? Any pics or instances of this happening?
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ? for the PB's how would you fix an excavation mistake?

I can't speak for other PBs but, what we would do is nail a wire and plastic sheet to the existing form (for the bond beam) and buttress it up and then shoot our crete. Then, after the walls had cured, we'd backfill the void.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Just make the pool bigger

My PB drew the pool too wide on my job. He realized it about 20 minutes later. I told him it was too late to move the line. We settled about half way between the two marks
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

4. Back To Top    #4

someone suggested to me that I wait to order the liner in case the walls are dug out to deep or there is a small change in the hole dimensions. This way they can just manufacture your liner to your specs.
    18x36 Kafco steel wall Vinyl liner pool.21,000 Gallons 8ft deep. Pentair 420 cartridge filter, Intelliflow pump, Pentair IC40 salt water generator with Easytouch control system. 2 skimmers, 2 returns