Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time to turn the pumps off?

1. Back To Top    #1

Time to turn the pumps off?

or at least down to 8 hours a day?
    It's been 7 days since our pool pumps were turned back on from a refill for a replaster. I know they said run em for a week. I still have plaster dust settling on the bottom and while it's getting better, still seems like alot. Finally figured out how to vacuum today ( the brush head for a vinyl pool so as not to mar plaster). Will go back out a clean the filters when the dust settles.

Also, I know to bring up Chlorine slowly and I have 3 pucks in the floater and as of this morning FC is still reading .5-1...should I add additional bleach or pucks or just wait it out?

Still trying to get the Ph down ( still 8.2 or over) too...can I add muratic acid more than once a day or should I stick to once a day with new plaster?

Last question, so part of the problem I had with the vacuuming learning curve was the skimmer I was plugging into. Seems kinda weak in the suction dept. have played with switches at filters and doesn't seem to make much of a difference. The other skimmer is working great, thus the revelation to plug the vacuum in there.

thanks again TFP!

B

( as soon as I recover from the shock of plaster work I will definitely be signing up as a lifetime member, ya'll have saved my bacon! )
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time to turn the pumps off?

Yes, you can cut back the pump run time somewhat at this point. I'd still run it more than usual, perhaps 12 hours a day for another week.

Sure, you can add acid more than once a day.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Time to turn the pumps off?

Thanks Jason!
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,