In floor cleaning system for owner/builder

Does anyone know if its possible to get in floor cleaning plans like Paramount PCC2000 without going through a dealer? I'm not trying to step on any toes and I understand the benefits of having an experienced, "certified" dealer do the installation. BUT....I was just wondering if it's possible to get Paramount to design the system and I buy the parts online and do the installation myself. Again, I'm not trying to say that it's so easy a caveman can do it. :evil: I'm just asking the question! :)

Thanks in advance.

I dunno. You can buy all the parts easily enough, but it would be a huge pain to install.

A more pointed question: why bother? I have an in-floor system and wish I did not. For far less money and hassle you can build it normally, buy the best robot on the market, and have a much more effective/efficient cleaner to boot!

I don't know if you could put it in yourself, but I would highly recommend the PCC-2000 system. We have a two year old pool with the PCC-2000 system and its done a great job keeping the pool clean. The pool stays free of debris and I just dump out skimmer baskets. Its also good for circulating the water, especially when adding chemicals. A good friend has the Paramount Pool Valet and also says it does a great job. I don't know much about other brands of in-floor systems, but in my experience, I would never put in a pool without one.

Woodberg said:
I don't know if you could put it in yourself, but I would highly recommend the PCC-2000 system. We have a two year old pool with the PCC-2000 system and its done a great job keeping the pool clean. The pool stays free of debris and I just dump out skimmer baskets. Its also good for circulating the water, especially when adding chemicals. A good friend has the Paramount Pool Valet and also says it does a great job. I don't know much about other brands of in-floor systems, but in my experience, I would never put in a pool without one.

This^. We have a Paramount infloorand I love it! Would not build a pool without one. They seem to get a bad rap around here but I love mine.

Every pool I service that has an in-floor cleaning system ONLY, doesn't work worth beans. I bid extra whenever I see one of these. Great circulation, but dead cleaning spots and the need for BIG pumps. What I dislike about them even more, is (on most) this was the ONLY return system put in, so at no point in the future can I plug in a pressure-side sweep. If you don't want to save your money, try http://www.infloorpoolparts.com/.

I know they work well in a few cases, but I really don't like them... (Can ya tell? ;) ).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.