Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In floor cleaning system for owner/builder

1. Back To Top    #1

In floor cleaning system for owner/builder

Does anyone know if its possible to get in floor cleaning plans like Paramount PCC2000 without going through a dealer? I'm not trying to step on any toes and I understand the benefits of having an experienced, "certified" dealer do the installation. BUT....I was just wondering if it's possible to get Paramount to design the system and I buy the parts online and do the installation myself. Again, I'm not trying to say that it's so easy a caveman can do it. I'm just asking the question!

Thanks in advance.
    half Inground/half above ground, shotcrete pool, 19,000 gallons - KrystalKrete Krystal Blue quartz finish
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump - Pentair Easy Touch automation - Pentair T100 sand filter - Savi Melody LED lights - Mortex KoolDeck - Charleston, South Carolina

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In floor cleaning system for owner/builder

I dunno. You can buy all the parts easily enough, but it would be a huge pain to install.

A more pointed question: why bother? I have an in-floor system and wish I did not. For far less money and hassle you can build it normally, buy the best robot on the market, and have a much more effective/efficient cleaner to boot!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The PCCC is typically anly offered to registered builders. Paramount only allows a small number of builders in an area to install the PCCC. I am not sure about their other models.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!

I used to install the Caretaker (tm) system and agree with MITS on the utility of them. However, you could always go with a few in floor returns to gain the heating and chemical distribution effects
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know if you could put it in yourself, but I would highly recommend the PCC-2000 system. We have a two year old pool with the PCC-2000 system and its done a great job keeping the pool clean. The pool stays free of debris and I just dump out skimmer baskets. Its also good for circulating the water, especially when adding chemicals. A good friend has the Paramount Pool Valet and also says it does a great job. I don't know much about other brands of in-floor systems, but in my experience, I would never put in a pool without one.
    20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Woodberg
    I don't know if you could put it in yourself, but I would highly recommend the PCC-2000 system. We have a two year old pool with the PCC-2000 system and its done a great job keeping the pool clean. The pool stays free of debris and I just dump out skimmer baskets. Its also good for circulating the water, especially when adding chemicals. A good friend has the Paramount Pool Valet and also says it does a great job. I don't know much about other brands of in-floor systems, but in my experience, I would never put in a pool without one.

This^. We have a Paramount infloorand I love it! Would not build a pool without one. They seem to get a bad rap around here but I love mine.
    Kurt R
    35900 gal. 20x40 Inground, Vinyl Liner with Deep End in the Middle, Roman Stairs on Both Ends
    Sta Rite Sys 3, Hayward 1.5 Super Pump, Aqua Heat Heat Pump, Paramount in Floor, BBB

7. Back To Top    #7

Every pool I service that has an in-floor cleaning system ONLY, doesn't work worth beans. I bid extra whenever I see one of these. Great circulation, but dead cleaning spots and the need for BIG pumps. What I dislike about them even more, is (on most) this was the ONLY return system put in, so at no point in the future can I plug in a pressure-side sweep. If you don't want to save your money, try http://www.infloorpoolparts.com/.

I know they work well in a few cases, but I really don't like them... (Can ya tell? ).
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

8. Back To Top    #8

Even with an infloor cleaner, you should have a couple regular returns to provide surface circulation to help the skimmers
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)