Polaris AutoClear status codes

I have an 33000 gal inground vinyl liner pool that was converted to a salt water system approximately 2 years ago. Everything worked great until this spring. After uncovering the pool, I've shocked it and added algecide several times and each time it would begin to clear up and then get cloudy again. I began to suspect that the cell needed cleaning, so I did that just yesterday. But, before I cleaned the cell I pressed the test button on the control panel for the chlorine generator (Polaris AutoClear) and there were three status codes in this order 53 - 22 - 90. The only code that I ever paid attention to is the 90 which indicates that the salt level is good. After cleaning the cell the codes read 54 - 23 - 90. Does anyone know what the first two codes are for and what they mean?

Thanks,
Bryan

Thanks for the reply JasonLion. So, is there no way to tell from the control panel if it is generating chlorine from the salt water? My assumption was that if the panel showed a status of 90, then everything is good. But if the cell is not working, that is not necessarily true.

Why do you think it is not making chlorine? It seems more likely to me that the algae is simply using up the chlorine faster than the SWG can add more. A SWG is designed to maintain an appropriate FC level in a clean and balanced pool. They frequently can't bring FC up from zero by themselves or fight off algae by themselves.

Now might be a good time to post a full set of water test results.

I've shocked the pool, added stabilizer and algaecide several times and each time the pool would almost get clear before it would start getting cloudy again. Now, this last time that I shocked the pool, I also cleaned the cell. My hope is that cleaning the cell corrected the problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.

You really need a full set of water test results or you simply have no idea what is going on. For example, your PH might be out of range or CYA either too low or too high. If any of those things were wrong it is unlikely that any plausible amount of chlorine and/or algaecide would resolve the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.