Air Release Valve - Pentair WhisperFlo

Mar 31, 2011
I am new to the pool world! I have a WhisperFlo 2 HP pump. Trying to prime pump for first time this season - filled pump strainer with water, should be ready to prime. Motor starts for a few seconds and then switches off. The instructions say I should "open the air release valve" on the filter. I have checked and rechecked the instructions - I can't find an air release valve!

Can anyone help? A photo would be amazingly helpful!

Can you tell us a little more about our pool? Is the water level in the pool half way up the skimmer or higher? Do you have valves that control where the pump draws water from? Are there any water features or a spa?

I feel VERY silly - of course the air release valve is on top of the filter. I was looking at the pump housing!

Water level is higher than half way on the skimmer. I have three valves - skimmer, main, and manual (for the Shark).

No water features/spa.

troydarwin said:
Oh - and Flower Mound is one of my favorite places in the world. We lived there for 4 years and loved it. Hated to move away.

We certainly do love it here in beautiful crime-free Flo Mo. :mrgreen:

So you found the air release valve?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.