Who is ready to swim

duraleigh said:
I am ready to swim. too, but can't help noticing how pristine your pool water looks....nice work!!

I have been looking and looking and thinking to myself, I have never seen it this clear before. I guess that is what staying on top of shocking will do for you. I have not had to add any chlorine since Saturday when I had it at 21 PPM as of Sunday morning. So last addition of bleach was Saturday night. I measured today and it is at 12. So 5 days and has only dropped 9 PPM. I guess getting the CYA up to 35-40 helped some as well. Added that last Saturday as well.

Today would have been a good day to take a plunge. It was hot hot hot. 98F at the local weather station. I was at work, literally dripping sweat. Bend over a car, sweat drips onto it.
My pool water has warmed up something like 6 degrees in the past week, but it's still a bit chilly. Another ten degrees and I'll contemplate it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kids have been ready since early March. Funny, because when I was a kid, I didn't want to swim in cold water. My kids don't care though. They will swim in anything!

I don't know about swimming----------but I'm sure ready to float around and a sip a beverage or two and plug in some Buffett. The wife has this crazy idea I should finish decking down the side first before pool season starts.

We've been swimming for the past 2 weeks here in Central FL with avg. pool temp during the day 82 degrees, as long as we keep our day time temps in the 80's.
In fact son and I just heading out for a swim. Sure love the solar panels and blanket...

We just opened our pool this weekend. The solar was started last week and got the pool to 78 and then we used gas to go the rest of the way (we were impatient -- it would have kept climbing some). It's been unusually warm and sunny for this time of year, but swimming was great. This is the earliest we've opened -- usually it's closer to the middle-to-end of April.

As a matter of fact, we started the season last Sunday. During my pool build the kids kept bugging me to get the pool done and filled. I told them you can't rush perfection. All I got back was "Really...Hurry up Dad!!!" After all the rush to get it done the kids jumped in for about 2 minutes and complained its to cold. Maybe next time they will listen to me....NOT. :cheers:

crookm11 said:
As a matter of fact, we started the season last Sunday. During my pool build the kids kept bugging me to get the pool done and filled. I told them you can't rush perfection. All I got back was "Really...Hurry up Dad!!!" After all the rush to get it done the kids jumped in for about 2 minutes and complained its to cold. Maybe next time they will listen to me....NOT. :cheers:

Kids and Listen yea right. As kids we dont think our parents know anything. Kids know it all.

Our pool water hit 76 Sunday and it felt great. Just teasing me though with lows dropping into the 40's a couple nights this week and highs upper 60's and a little higher it will cool back down. Hit 90 both days over the weekend.

Saturday 2 racks of ribs, chicken assorted sides, cooler of beer and watched the race Saturday night on the patio by the pool. Doesn't get much better than that. Well until warmer water leads to adult swim nights with the wife.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.