Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Who is ready to swim

Who is ready to swim

I am cant you tell
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

Re: Who is ready to swim

on my way down to visit We're suppossed to get 6-12" of that white stuff again tonight

PS...pool looks great
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    on my way down to visit We're suppossed to get 6-12" of that white stuff again tonight

PS...pool looks great
    Thanks for the kind comments. This winter I am going to do a better job of testing so I dont have to shock due to belign lazy during the winter.

I'm ready! Solar cover is on. Just pulled the plugs on my returns and started up the pump. Water temp still < 60°

Sent from my Samsung Epic on Sprint Sero.
    17,500 gallon in-ground 18x36 gunite pool
    Hayward super II 1.5 hp pump
    Hayward cartridge filter
    Dolphin Diagnostic Robot
    Jandy AquaPure Ei Salt Chlorinator 35K

Senior Member In the Industry

I am ready to swim. too, but can't help noticing how pristine your pool water looks....nice work!!
    Dave S.
    Site Owner
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    I am ready to swim. too, but can't help noticing how pristine your pool water looks....nice work!!
    I have been looking and looking and thinking to myself, I have never seen it this clear before. I guess that is what staying on top of shocking will do for you. I have not had to add any chlorine since Saturday when I had it at 21 PPM as of Sunday morning. So last addition of bleach was Saturday night. I measured today and it is at 12. So 5 days and has only dropped 9 PPM. I guess getting the CYA up to 35-40 helped some as well. Added that last Saturday as well.

That is a beautiful pool.
    13K Gal., Plaster, SWG, Intellichlor IC 20, Sta-Rite 1 HP Pump, Sta-Rite PLM 300 Filter, Pentair LED, Solar, Screened Enclosure, Great White, TF-100

We finally hit a warm spell. Hit 80 today and water is 65. Think I'll chunk my 8 yr old in this weekend to stop the whining. Should be ready for spring break in a couple weeks.
    Garden Leisure Voyager 12x24 AGP, 7500 Gallons, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP pump, dual speed, Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter, 120 GPM,

Who is ready to swim

We used our gas heater on Tuesday and solar has kept water ~75 since. We swam for the first time in our pool on Friday... Moved in second week of February. Look forward to swimming a LOT in the near future.
    Pool size is 16 X 28 16,800 gallons, In Ground, Vinyl liner, with 3/4 hp pump and Tagelus TA60 Sand Filter with 60 GPM flow rate.
    We also have a gas fired heater 206 btu, and Clear 03 Ozonator and Paramount circulation system, 3 pop up heads on the floor and 6 wall returns.

Today would have been a good day to take a plunge. It was hot hot hot. 98F at the local weather station. I was at work, literally dripping sweat. Bend over a car, sweat drips onto it.
    My pool water has warmed up something like 6 degrees in the past week, but it's still a bit chilly. Another ten degrees and I'll contemplate it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

We've been swimming 3 weeks. Water has been above 80ºF every day except this week it's been back in the 70's. Next week is going to be good again.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Kids have been ready since early March. Funny, because when I was a kid, I didn't want to swim in cold water. My kids don't care though. They will swim in anything!
    TFP Moderator
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

I don't know about swimming----------but I'm sure ready to float around and a sip a beverage or two and plug in some Buffett. The wife has this crazy idea I should finish decking down the side first before pool season starts.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    1.5 hp Speck pump 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

Our pool is still too cold and cloudy, but I've got the itch. Can't wait for warmer weather and clearer water!
    Clearwater, Florida

12,000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool
    Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP Pump
    Pentair CCP420 420sq/ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G 120V Pool Light

We've been swimming for the past 2 weeks here in Central FL with avg. pool temp during the day 82 degrees, as long as we keep our day time temps in the 80's.
    In fact son and I just heading out for a swim. Sure love the solar panels and blanket...
    18k free form IG w/spa (4 jets), Paramount in floor cleaning system, Starite system 3 filter, Jandy 2hp ePump, Maxi-therm 400K propane heater, Jandy aquapure1400 SWCG, Jandy automation PS4 w/PDA, IntelliBrite 120v 5-G LED pool & spa lights, 2" piping and (3)4x12 (5)4x10 Fafco Sunsaver Solar Panels.

We just opened our pool this weekend. The solar was started last week and got the pool to 78 and then we used gas to go the rest of the way (we were impatient -- it would have kept climbing some). It's been unusually warm and sunny for this time of year, but swimming was great. This is the earliest we've opened -- usually it's closer to the middle-to-end of April.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

As a matter of fact, we started the season last Sunday. During my pool build the kids kept bugging me to get the pool done and filled. I told them you can't rush perfection. All I got back was "Really...Hurry up Dad!!!" After all the rush to get it done the kids jumped in for about 2 minutes and complained its to cold. Maybe next time they will listen to me....NOT.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

Quote Originally Posted by crookm11
    As a matter of fact, we started the season last Sunday. During my pool build the kids kept bugging me to get the pool done and filled. I told them you can't rush perfection. All I got back was "Really...Hurry up Dad!!!" After all the rush to get it done the kids jumped in for about 2 minutes and complained its to cold. Maybe next time they will listen to me....NOT.
    Kids and Listen yea right. As kids we dont think our parents know anything. Kids know it all.

Must be that new math they teach where 1+1=2. Where was I that day? Cleaning the dern pool, that's where!

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

Our pool water hit 76 Sunday and it felt great. Just teasing me though with lows dropping into the 40's a couple nights this week and highs upper 60's and a little higher it will cool back down. Hit 90 both days over the weekend.

Saturday 2 racks of ribs, chicken assorted sides, cooler of beer and watched the race Saturday night on the patio by the pool. Doesn't get much better than that. Well until warmer water leads to adult swim nights with the wife.