Aqua Rite SWG start up question

newpoolguyinmo

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 4, 2010
Southeast Missouri
I am in the process of installing my new Aqua Rite SWG and have a question about the water preparation.

In the manual it says, "If the pool does not have new water, add 1 Quart of metal remover and 1 quart of non-copper based algaecide to the pool, per manufacturers instructions."

I left the water in the pool from last year and used the BBB method and have never added any algaecide but I think the previous owner did. Do I still need to add these two chemicals and if so, what is metal remover??

Other than that I am planning on opening the pool as I did last year; getting the water balanced and stable before transfering to the SWG.

Any other advice I need to know?

The metal removers are to remove a variety of metals that exist in groundwater or in your water supply in some regions, or could come from algaecide use. You can have your water tested to see if any significant quantities of these metals exist, then add the metal removers only if necessary. If you've been maintaining the water chemistry, have a good FC level, then the algaecide is not necessary either.

As you add your salt, add less than the calculated amount, then add 1 or 2 bags at a time to reach the desired salinity level. This may help prevent adding too much salt, which would require draining some water to dilute. Generally, if you follow the instructions, you won't have any problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.