Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New timer time again

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Louisiana

New timer time again

Well it is once again time to replace the pool pump timer (1 speed 1.5HP 240V pump), so what do you suggest, I am looking for a basic simple to adjust timer (no screw in tabs to get lost, etc.)either mechanical or electronic, as long as it will not die the first time there is a power surge or rust up at the first sign of moisture. Ideally I would like one that will last for more than a handful of years this time, so am I asking the impossible? Or just for something that will cost an arm and a leg?

thanks Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: New timer time again

The Intermatic mechanical timers are the most reliable thing going, they should last a very long time if you keep the case closed. They do have those tabs that are easy to lose, but replacements are cheap. There are several other choices that are easier to use, but nothing more reliable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New timer time again

You can also get the Intermatic timers in a plastic case so rust won't be an issue (with the case anyway).
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit