Took a water sample to the pool store today (since I left my TF-100 test kit at the old house ), here are the results:
Water is clear, and I've been chlorinating with liquid chlorine for the last few weeks to get rid of the algae that was there. I put 1/2 gallon of 10% in on Sunday, and here it is Wednesday and FC is at 0. The nice person at the pool store says it's because I'm not using stabilized chlorine, aka pucks. But if my CYA is 100, why in the world would I want to introduce more CYA by using pucks?? I have added acid to bring the pH down, will recheck in the morning, but what's the concensus regarding the FC/CYA?
P.S. The high CH is maybe due to the marcite erosion?? It doesn't look too good, but I'm hoping to get at least a year out of it before I have to refinish.