Do Hayward Pro Series Filters have a spider gasket?

haybird

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Ontario
Hi,
I don't see a spider gasket on the parts list in my manual. Its a s-210T model.
When I drained my solar last fall I found filter sand at the end of the run in the header.
Also on the steps below the return.

I figured the spider gasket would be a good place to start.
Thanks for any information.

A spider gasket is part of a multi-port main valve, not really part of the filter. If you have a push/pull main valve then you don't have a spider gasket.

Sand coming out of the filter would not be a spider gasket issue. DE getting out can happen because of a bad spider gasket, but sand leaking out is nearly always a problem inside the filter.

Thanks for the reply! Now I am thinking I should check the laterals for a crack.
Does that make sense? When I loosen the flange clamp does the valve just lift straight up
off the centre pipe?
Thanks

I just took out all the sand and checked the up pipe and the laterals for cracks.
I don't see any cracks. Is there a secret to getting the up pipe centered when
I put the sand back in?

Where else could the sand be getting through to the return on my steps and in my solar
headers?

Thanks in advance

I have a filter without a centering ring for the upright tube. How I got round this was to put just enough sand in the bottom that I could move the upright tube around, but it would stay where it was left. Then I fitted the valve in position, then took it back off with the upright now in position. Then I carefully filled up the filter with sand without disturbing the upright. Was easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.