Remote temp sensor

I have an el cheapo thing I bought from a hardware store. It's rubbish, uses 1 battery a week on the sensor, has to be within 10 foot of the sender, line of site. I've had a few, they've all had their downfalls. I'm on the lookout for a nice brass min/max thermometer now. If I need remote I'll get an IPcam to watch it with :lol:

I have one that I got at Home Depot almost a year ago. Works great still has the original batteries. Not sure if the northern stores carry as much pool stuff as the stores down here (Florida). Think it was about $30.

I've tried a few and basically, 90% of them suck. Lacrosse everything is terrible, temps way off and not consistant. The pool flotie ones always leak and short out. Right now I'm using one from oreagon scientific, the rms600a with the separate water probe sensor. You get atomic clock, indoor temp, water temp, air temp and best of all it hooks up to your computer so you can track it over time. Well worth the money!

Brentr said:

I had one of those. It worked ok but then started to leak and shorted out. Also, the distance from where I had it in the pool to the closest place I could put the monitor was about 30 ft. This was a bit too far and it would not always pickup the signal. Could also be that I have a brick veneer home and that doesn't help.

Yes, I had some leaking issues in the beginning, however luckily HD replaced them for me and it looks like they have made some improvements since then. Just keep your receipt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dale.s said:
I've tried a few and basically, 90% of them suck. Lacrosse everything is terrible, temps way off and not consistant. The pool flotie ones always leak and short out. Right now I'm using one from oreagon scientific, the rms600a with the separate water probe sensor. You get atomic clock, indoor temp, water temp, air temp and best of all it hooks up to your computer so you can track it over time. Well worth the money!

Which probe are you using, got a part number?

benavidescj said:
Dale.s said:

Which probe are you using, got a part number?

The pool probe im using is THC268, i like this one as only the probe is in the water, so no leaking and its weatherproof.

base station is RMS600

The software that comes with it is ok, but i use weatherstation data logger attached is a graph of outdoor and indoor temps over the past 12 hours :p I still find it so awesome to see when the solar kicks in and out!

Attachments

• datagraph.jpg
    datagraph.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 207
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.