Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Silt and my pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Silt and my pump

I have a fair amount of silt at the deep end of my pool. I plan on using the manual vac to get most of this up since I think this is the kind of stuff that screws up the "innerds"(that would be the internal gears and such ) of my pressure cleaner. Will this silt stuff damage my pump, such as the impeller or anything? I could use a skimmer sock, but would probably have to clean it 2-3 times and that means re-establishing the suction to the vac hose 2-3 times also I won't be changing out my cart filters until I have this done, so I'm not worried about them getting funky.
    Thanks
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Silt and my pump

It shouldn't harm the pump at all. Manually is probably the best option especially if you're planning on changing the cartridges anyway.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Silt and my pump

Thanks Dave
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html