Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What type Ladder and Anchors for new SW IG Viny Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

What type Ladder and Anchors for new SW IG Viny Pool

What type of ladder does best with salt water pool? My PB will start soon on our pool and I want to make sure that I have things that will last and look nice and not rust early from salt water.

He mentioned using plastic anchors instead of normal anchors but nothing else.

Thanks.
    18 x 36 IG Vinyl Liner 28K Gallons
    Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair CC + 420 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch CP with IC40 SWG
    2" Suction and Return Lines - 2 skimmers, 6 returns
    Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What type Ladder and Anchors for new SW IG Viny Pool

All of the common pool ladders, both plastic and metal, are safe for use with SWG levels of salt water these days, at least in the US and Australia.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!

I would opt for the plastic anchor cups.

Most deck installers block the drain hole in the cups and salt water in an aluminum cup will cause oxidation of the aluminum cup, making removal a real PITA!

Looks aren't the issue here, you could/ should have an escutcheon plate to cover the anchor. The issue is not being able to remove the ladder/ handrail when it comes time to cover the pool.

There are a couple ways to make it easier, anodes, etc. - IF the SS rails are installed in an aluminum cup, on a salt pool - but, plastic cups are a better option, IMHO.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Great point waste! I did my own and made sure they were not blocked. I can just picture a pool builder not caring and 10 years later the poor pool owner not being able to get his ladder out in order to change the liner. Again great advice.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. Makes me feel confident that the PB is using the right anchors then.
    18 x 36 IG Vinyl Liner 28K Gallons
    Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair CC + 420 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch CP with IC40 SWG
    2" Suction and Return Lines - 2 skimmers, 6 returns
    Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage Robot