Need help with GPM Estimate Spreadsheet

Thanks Mark, I'll check those out.

I just looked at the Blue-White F-300 Flowmeter for 1 1/2" pvc and they require 10x the pipe diam. of straight horizontal pipe leading in to the meter and 4x pipe diam. after as their minimum acceptable dimensions. Unfortunately, I only have a 12" straight section (right after the IC-40), a 90 deg. elbow and an 11" straight section before it turns another 90 deg. and goes down into the ground. I imagine there would be too much turbulence to get an accurate reading with the setup I've got. Are you aware of any other types of flowmeters that might work with my configuration?

Blue-WhiteF300install.jpg

DSC01786-1.jpg

One thing to keep in mind with flow meters is that the accuracy is measured as a percent of full scale so low flow rates tend to have fairly high inaccuracies. So if you want accuracy at the low end, you will need to get a flow meter that starts at a lower flow rate. For 1 1/2" pipe, the lowest range is 9-30 GPM which would have an accuracy of +- 3 GPM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.