Intro and build pics, above ground sunk w/retaining wall

Jamison04 said:
Your project turned out real nice! What did you use for the decking surface around the pool. It looks like concrete but I see in some pics it looks framed out like a deck.

That is concrete board. I am either going with tile or natural stone for the floor. That will go on top of the concrete board.

Sangster said:
all that work and I would have been tempted to put in an in-ground pool instead.

Codes would not let me. It had to be 25ft from the house if it was inground and only 5ft for above. Although I have seen many ingrounds in the area that are closer than 25ft.

If I were doing the pool only, it would not be nearly as much work. I am adding a lot of extras.

carterj92 said:
Can't wait to see it all finished! Its looking so nice. So are you going to be able to get access to change the liner on the pool? looks like it would be difficult.

There is a gap there. The pool wall itself is a little too high on one side. If I have to change it, I will probley try to lower the one side.

I got the gravel in for the lower patio (i'm so glad to get that dirt covered up). I also got the trim on around the pool edge. There will still be one more thin piece I am going to glue on over the screw heads. The stone floor will hang a little over the trim. I'm hoping to pour the concrete in that space to the left of the pool and about 4ft to the right of the pool. That area will be covered in the stone for the floor. I want to get that done in the next couple weeks. Then the rest of the lower patio will be stamped concrete.

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I found a ladder on CL. I just need mounting hardware for it. I got the drain and we are getting ready to mix the concrete for each side of the pool deck and the stone will go on top. I picked up some sample stones, and they are sitting next to the ladder.

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.