Wichita Falls, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I did a complete test on my pool today....it is a 3 week old plaster pool. My ta was 40 and ca was 80 and has not risen in 2 weeks..everything else was good. What do I do with the TA 2 weeks ago it was 60. I have been adding acid daily. Also since the ca has not changed should I add some calcium or wait. It is a SWG.

Ph sits at about 7.5 and I let it get to 7.8 before I knock it back down. It is a new pool so plaster is still curing. Temp is 61 but was as high as 70 last week...we have had a cold spell.

Those test were with the taylor kit I got with the pool. I also have the tf-100.

The relatively low water temperature is slowing the curing process, so expect PH, TA, and CH to all go up for a little while yet. Actually, TA can go down at some points, which isn't really a problem as long as PH remains in range.

I'd give it another week and then bring CH up to around 150 for now. Wait another couple of weeks and bring CH up to 250.

Thanks I keep a pretty close eye on Ph and just did not want to add too much of something and have to do the drain thing. Water is great and enjoying keeping the pool so far. thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.