Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Few Quick Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Few Quick Questions

I did a complete test on my pool today....it is a 3 week old plaster pool. My ta was 40 and ca was 80 and has not risen in 2 weeks..everything else was good. What do I do with the TA 2 weeks ago it was 60. I have been adding acid daily. Also since the ca has not changed should I add some calcium or wait. It is a SWG.
    IG Freeform Gunite 32x16, 15000 gal, 1.5 Jandy Stealth Pump, Jandy 460 Cart. Filter, LED Light, Stone Scapes Tropics Blue Finish, Aqua Pure 1400

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Few Quick Questions

What is the pH reading and what are you trying to keep it at? The CH reading is getting low and may cause your pH to start dropping.
    Carlos
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool

3. Back To Top    #3

What brand/model/kind of test kit are you using to get those levels? Also, what is the water temperature?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Ph sits at about 7.5 and I let it get to 7.8 before I knock it back down. It is a new pool so plaster is still curing. Temp is 61 but was as high as 70 last week...we have had a cold spell.

Those test were with the taylor kit I got with the pool. I also have the tf-100.
    IG Freeform Gunite 32x16, 15000 gal, 1.5 Jandy Stealth Pump, Jandy 460 Cart. Filter, LED Light, Stone Scapes Tropics Blue Finish, Aqua Pure 1400

5. Back To Top    #5

The relatively low water temperature is slowing the curing process, so expect PH, TA, and CH to all go up for a little while yet. Actually, TA can go down at some points, which isn't really a problem as long as PH remains in range.

I'd give it another week and then bring CH up to around 150 for now. Wait another couple of weeks and bring CH up to 250.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks I keep a pretty close eye on Ph and just did not want to add too much of something and have to do the drain thing. Water is great and enjoying keeping the pool so far. thanks for the help.