Leaving Poolvergnuegen in pool

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
TFP Team:

Is it generally considered a bad practice to leave a Poolvergnuegen cleaner in the pool for days at a time? I assume doing so could shorten its lifespan, but no idea if that's the case.

Just looking for feedback. It is nice to just have it in the pool throughout a rainy and/or windy period. However, while not the most expensive thing in the world, i wouldn't want to have to buy a new one in the next five years or so.

Thanks in advance.

I leave mine in the pool nearly all the time and it has been 5+ of operation. So far I haven't seen much degradation althouigh soon I will be on my third set of tires but that is because I run the cleaner almost every day.

Awesome. That's great to know. Thanks everyone.

For you guys that have replaced tires, can anyone comment on the difference in performance in the default tires and the ones which are made for vinyl and fiberglass when used in a vinyl liner pool? I am considering buying a set of these, but not sure if they will work as well as the default tires, since my drain covers are fairly high.

Here's a pic of the ones they say are best for vinyl liners:

PVN075-F.jpg

Here's a pic of the ones i have now:

PVN143-F.jpg

I have only used the first ones but from what I understand, the second set are useful if your cleaner gets hung up on the floor drain or anything else. Otherwise, the first set work fine.

I've had The Pool Cleaner for 3-1/2 seasons and keep it in the pool all the time and run it for 2 hours every day (well, at night). I need to replace the bag almost every year and have had to replace a wheel that broke at the attachment to the body and one hose and two couplings.

mas985 said:
I leave mine in the pool nearly all the time and it has been 5+ of operation. So far I haven't seen much degradation althouigh soon I will be on my third set of tires but that is because I run the cleaner almost every day.

X2 - except I haven't had the need to replace tires. I have them on standby, though...

I came across this thread, which asked the very question I had. Would leaving The PoolCleaner in the pool all the time shorten it's lifetime?

Looks like lots of folks leave theirs in the pool all the time, some of them even running most of the time that the pump is running. Guess if it is running all the time when the pump is running, then some parts would wear out faster, like tires.

On my pool I have a Intelliflo VF pump, and it uses substantially more electricity when The Pool Cleaner is running. So, my plan is to often just disconnect the hose at the skimmer, and let it sit (not running) in the pool.

Hopefully sitting in the pool water (and not running) won't shorten it's lifetime.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.