Polaris booster pump leaking

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
Ok got my other problem resolved as I am sure this is much easier one to solve.

In the picture you will see a black ring where the pvc connects to the pump. It is leaking here. I assume I just need to tightned it up some. Is there anything else I need to do to this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2011-03-26 13.54.06.jpg
    2011-03-26 13.54.06.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 124
JasonLion said:
Yes, closer, except I'm not sure it will turn. It may well be glued to that pipe and not turn without breaking something. Don't use too much force.

Well it seemed as you said the glue came loose but no breaking at all. So what is the best stuff to use to reconnect the pipes.

The part where the black thing is a connector from the pump to the white things. The white thing connects to the pipe that goes back to the pool. So I need to use some pipe glue to reconnect the connector and pipes. The part I am talking about is circled in black.

Attachments

• polaris pump.jpg
    polaris pump.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 76
If you have enough pipe flexibility to be able to pull the joint apart and clean it, then everything will be fine when you glue it back together even without a twist. The less leeway for movement there is, the more complex the entire operation becomes.

JasonLion said:
If you have enough pipe flexibility to be able to pull the joint apart and clean it, then everything will be fine when you glue it back together even without a twist. The less leeway for movement there is, the more complex the entire operation becomes.

Yea there is enough leeway to pull it apart. I already experienced that when I turned on the polaris while trying to get it tight it just popped off. It appeared to be very clean and I am suprised it has not come off sooner. So I have turned off the small water hose that sends water to the booster pump. So as of now it is not leaking. So hopefully this weekend I can get it all fixed up.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.