Pentair Superflo seal replacement How-to remove impeller?

Mar 25, 2011
I am having trouble getting the impeller off - I understand that in unscrews counterclockwise ... but I have tried the vise grips and really have tried to unscrew it but it won't budge ... any help with suggestions ... thanks

Re: Pentair Whisperflow seal replacement How-to (w/ photos)

it is a Pentair SOFL 2HPF ... on the placard it has Y56Y - Type CX and Form KJM
Part Number 075236S ... Serial Number 0395163090002V

This pump has been a pain in the rear since Cody Pools put it in ... The pump/filter is above the pool by probablysix feet ... but I thought they would know how to "plumb" it so it would work and not lose prime after a couple of months ... since July of 2009, I think they have put in 6 to 8 seals ... I was never home to watch - but the last time the Tech left me a spare seal ... I thought it would be a walk in the park ... As usual ... the home DIY is a little more than it should be ...

Where in AL ... landed at Bay Minette just the other day ... son was at Enterprise for a couple of years at Mother Rucker ...

Thanks for the help ... Blue Skies .... LE

Re: Pentair Superflo seal replacement How-to remove impeller

I'm about an hour from Bay Minette and about 3 from Rucker. BIL retired from Rucker. He was an IP.

Hopefully some of the pump guys (or girls) will stop by and give you a little help.

Like the Pentair Whisperflo, the Superflo may have an impeller locking screw. Just look into the impeller inlet...in the middle should be the small hex-head lock screw. Hope this helps.

E

There's a left handed screw on the impeller. Now look on the back of motor and there is a metal/plastic cap, pop or twist it off, use a 9/16 wrench to hold shaft or use vise grips. Now spin the impeller off counterclockwise.

Do the opposite to reinstall.

SuperFlo_webL.gif

Rock'n Roll :cheers: ... Thanks ... once I found out about the cap in the back and able to get a hold of the shaft (the Cody Tech called with help as well) .... Thanks for the help and thanks for the orginal post on "How To Change the Seal" Now to change the seal in the "polaris" pump .... I hear it is the same seal ... just more bolts .... Blue Skies ... LE

If you have anymore problems with your Pentaire equipment, they have a forum on their website that is monitored by one of their technicians M-F. They are a great resource for warranty issues and troubleshooting their equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.