water levels after winter

May 8, 2010
Hi

My first winter with the 30' round above ground pool and I think the water level might be lower than it should be.

Its still hard to tell because it has some ice on it but I would guess if it had 4 feet when I closed it up it now has under 3 feet. maybe 2 1/2 ish give or take.

Is it normal to loose water level over he winter or might I somehow have a leak?

Also to add some detail a small portion of the cover had been pulled into the pool creating a gap of about 3 feel long and 1/2 foot wide I could not fix it because of how harsh the winter was but 97% of the pool cover was intact fine

thoughts

If you fill it up and it goes back down without any significant rain or snow on top of the cover, then it's a leak. That said, your likely fine...I had 2ft of water on top of my cover the other day after the snow and ice melted, that pushes any water in the pool up and out threw any opening.

dmanb2b said:
If you fill it up and it goes back down without any significant rain or snow on top of the cover, then it's a leak. That said, your likely fine...I had 2ft of water on top of my cover the other day after the snow and ice melted, that pushes any water in the pool up and out threw any opening.

Exactly what I was about to post. You should be fine. :goodjob:

This is our 1st winter with an above ground pool too. We seemed to have lost about a foot of water. The cover was removed today, everyting looks fine, no obvious leaks etc... Is this normal to loose that much water? We plugged the skimmer opening, removed hoses & drained water to skimmer.
We live in NH, 27' x 52" --- we did have 'tons' of snow this season, it would make sense if the water became displaced.
So, is this relatively normal? Thanks much!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.