Wet around pump

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
This is the first time I have noticed this. I have noticed the past few days that around the base of my pump there seems to be some wetness. Not sure why this has happened. Anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening?

Thanks.

PoolGuyNJ said:
Super Pro brand seal set SPG-1000. Same seal set as a Polaris booster. ett it done before you toast the motor.

Scott

I cant seem to find that seal set? Also any instructions on how to change this out? What do you mean before I toast the motor? I know you mean have it go out, but why would it toast the motor? Is that because it is not getting water?

Thanks.

It's very easy to replace the seal if you go up to Professional Pools just tell the you need a ps1000 like poolguynj said..The link you post is the right seal...

mynewpool said:
Keven said:
It's very easy to replace the seal if you go up to Professional Pools just tell the you need a ps1000 like poolguynj said..

Thanks for the help. How much of the pump has to be taken apart to replace this seal? I have never taken apart the pump so this is all new to me.

Thanks.
It's 4 bolts that hold the seal to the pump housing.. Threw the holes you can see the shaft of the motor you well need to use something to hold the shaft from moving.. What I do is take a long screw driver and pop the seal out from the back side..Once you get the seal out put a little bit of silicon around the metal part of the seal, I use a 1.5 inch male adapter and tap the seal into the seal plate.. Then just put it back together like you took it apart..

If you have very little mechnical skills you can replace the seal..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keven said:
mynewpool said:
Keven said:
It's very easy to replace the seal if you go up to Professional Pools just tell the you need a ps1000 like poolguynj said..

Thanks for the help. How much of the pump has to be taken apart to replace this seal? I have never taken apart the pump so this is all new to me.

Thanks.
It's 4 bolts that hold the seal to the pump housing.. Threw the holes you can see the shaft of the motor you well need to use something to hold the shaft from moving.. What I do is take a long screw driver and pop the seal out from the back side..Once you get the seal out put a little bit of silicon around the metal part of the seal, I use a 1.5 inch male adapter and tap the seal into the seal plate.. Then just put it back together like you took it apart..

If you have very little mechnical skills you can replace the seal..

Is it those 4 bolts closest to the motor pump or the bolts that hold it to the basket in front of the pump? Since you do pool work would you be willing to come by and help me out?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.