Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wet around pump

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Wet around pump

    This is the first time I have noticed this. I have noticed the past few days that around the base of my pump there seems to be some wetness. Not sure why this has happened. Anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening?

    Thanks.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Central NJ
    Posts
    3,192

    Re: Wet around pump

    It's likely the seal set needs to be replaced. If you look under the pump motor and see it dribbling, they need to be replaced. What pump?

    Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Wet around pump

    Here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Wet around pump

    A few more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Central NJ
    Posts
    3,192

    Re: Wet around pump

    Super Pro brand seal set SPG-1000. Same seal set as a Polaris booster. ett it done before you toast the motor.

    Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Wet around pump

    Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Super Pro brand seal set SPG-1000. Same seal set as a Polaris booster. ett it done before you toast the motor.

    Scott
    I cant seem to find that seal set? Also any instructions on how to change this out? What do you mean before I toast the motor? I know you mean have it go out, but why would it toast the motor? Is that because it is not getting water?

    Thanks.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Wet around pump

    Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Super Pro brand seal set SPG-1000. Same seal set as a Polaris booster. ett it done before you toast the motor.

    Scott
    Is this it?

    http://www.yourpoolhq.com/pool-pump-sha ... g1000.html
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  8. Back To Top    #8

    In the Industry

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Re: Wet around pump

    It's very easy to replace the seal if you go up to Professional Pools just tell the you need a ps1000 like poolguynj said..The link you post is the right seal...

  9. Back To Top    #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Wet around pump

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven
    It's very easy to replace the seal if you go up to Professional Pools just tell the you need a ps1000 like poolguynj said..
    Thanks for the help. How much of the pump has to be taken apart to replace this seal? I have never taken apart the pump so this is all new to me.

    Thanks.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  10. Back To Top    #10

    In the Industry

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Re: Wet around pump

    Quote Originally Posted by mynewpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Keven
    It's very easy to replace the seal if you go up to Professional Pools just tell the you need a ps1000 like poolguynj said..
    Thanks for the help. How much of the pump has to be taken apart to replace this seal? I have never taken apart the pump so this is all new to me.

    Thanks.
    It's 4 bolts that hold the seal to the pump housing.. Threw the holes you can see the shaft of the motor you well need to use something to hold the shaft from moving.. What I do is take a long screw driver and pop the seal out from the back side..Once you get the seal out put a little bit of silicon around the metal part of the seal, I use a 1.5 inch male adapter and tap the seal into the seal plate.. Then just put it back together like you took it apart..

    If you have very little mechnical skills you can replace the seal..

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Wet around pump

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven
    Quote Originally Posted by mynewpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Keven
    It's very easy to replace the seal if you go up to Professional Pools just tell the you need a ps1000 like poolguynj said..
    Thanks for the help. How much of the pump has to be taken apart to replace this seal? I have never taken apart the pump so this is all new to me.

    Thanks.
    It's 4 bolts that hold the seal to the pump housing.. Threw the holes you can see the shaft of the motor you well need to use something to hold the shaft from moving.. What I do is take a long screw driver and pop the seal out from the back side..Once you get the seal out put a little bit of silicon around the metal part of the seal, I use a 1.5 inch male adapter and tap the seal into the seal plate.. Then just put it back together like you took it apart..

    If you have very little mechnical skills you can replace the seal..
    Is it those 4 bolts closest to the motor pump or the bolts that hold it to the basket in front of the pump? Since you do pool work would you be willing to come by and help me out?

    Thanks
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  12. Back To Top    #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Wet around pump

    Seal was the culprit. Got it replaced today and no more leaking.

    Thanks TFP
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •