Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just-a-pb

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

just-a-pb

Hi,
    Guess what I do.
    I do it in the Greater Phoenix area. (its hot, everybody wants one)
    I have been doing it for a long time, and am so obsessed that I want to read and post in my off time.
    Wife thinks I am crazy.
    I was told I have a cranky attitude, by a past forum member.
    I love Pentair, hate Hayward (so many reasons)
    I recognize many names form other forums.
    I have been peeking in here from time to time, thought I might as well join.
    Hope I can be of help to those in need, and get help when in need.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: just-a-pb

Welcome my friend. I an glad to see you finally made here.

For those that have never been to GW's forum, just-a-pb has been helping people there longer than I have. I have learned a great many thing as a result of his selfless contributions over the years. While he has likely forgotten more about pool building that I will ever learn, I have also found that he doesn't forget many things, ever.

His portfolio of builds is quite impressive, as is his own pool. If I win the Mega-Millions tonight, I would buy an estate in his patch so he could build me a pool, a really big, feature rich pool

My personal experiences have shown me that when someone has a question, his replies should not only be given a great deal of merit but also done exactly as he suggests. His depth of experiences and quality of answers warrant the same type of considerations as we give to Chem-Geek for his contributions in pool and spa chemistry.

On the GW forum, it's been his, racket's, SCEADU's, and huskyrider's presence that attracted home owners seeking advice for their builds. I expect that we will see a similar effect here.

Jason, plan on adding disk space.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ

On the GW forum, it's been his, racket's, SCEADU's, and huskyrider's presence that attracted home owners seeking advice for their builds. I expect that we will see a similar effect here.

Jason, plan on adding disk space.

Scott
    I second this and look forward to much good advice including Scott
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad to see you here, PB. I've seen your photos in Garden Web - awesome portfolio of pool builds!
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

5. Back To Top    #5

OK..........who has a link to this................GW forum? I need all the help I can get some days.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Woody,
    I wouldn't bother with it; my experience with GardenWeb (both on the pool and cactus/succulent forums) is that it's swamped with ads (even including occasional transparent ads that are beneath the posts themselves!!) and uses utterly obsolete forum software. Not that there's not good information there, but nothing that can't be found here more easily and with less headache. As far as I can tell, it is also completely unmoderated, so things like spam and personal attacks go unchecked.

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry to derail the thread a little, but I wanted to answer that question publicly.

just-a-pb, welcome to TFP! I happen to like my hayward equipment....
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP!!

I like the cut of your jib! (judging from your intro)

What better way to relax after spending 10+ hours building/ fixing pools than to log on and help folks with their pool issues ( but at least we don't have to actually 'BE' in their yards to do this, nor turn a single wrench )

Other than the Hayward thing, we sound rather similar

(FWIW - I was on GW for a short time as "DOTC")
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

9. Back To Top    #9

I just spent the last 45 minutes or so looking for the thread at GW of some of pb's work. It's gone. Maybe he'll post some pix. Amazing stuff.

Scott

pb: photobucket, 4th option.
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

10. Back To Top    #10

20'x34' gunite pool, 7' raised spa, Wet Edge Primera, VS3050 pump, 2x whisperflo pump for water features and in-floor cleaner, CC520 Cartridge filter, Pentair 400k btu heater, Intellichlor IC40, Paramount PV3, Easytouch8

11. Back To Top    #11

I don't know how I missed it.

pb, did you build birdbath's too?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Thankyou all for the warm reception.

Scott,
    No, the company she used was in the process, and finally went under.
    She hired other subs to finish the project. There was a lot of that going on at the time.

13. Back To Top    #13

Welcome. I recognize you from GardenWeb and appreciate reading all of your comments on that page. I loved the pics of your work that you posted on GW. They were so amazing I had to share them with my husband. Looking forward to learning more from you over here.

Megan

14. Back To Top    #14

Welcome to TFP!

15. Back To Top    #15

Another welcome, Justa! GW helped me build a good pool, TFP has helped me operate my pool well. Glad to see you here!
    25' x 37' freeform, 22,000 gallon saltwater, 3'6" to 6'6" deep, including baja shelf and benches, 120 ft EP Henry retaining wall
    Pentair equipment (CC420 cartridge filter, VS-3050 variable speed pump, IC 60 salt cell, EasyTouch), 200 sq ft pool house
    View our Pool Build - View our Pool House Build

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by mud
    Is that all?
    Seriously though , quite a collection
    Self built 5500 gallon bare concrete (temporarily) pool with limestone coping, Pentair Swimmey 1/2 HP pump, Triton sand filter with DE, Simpool peristaltic muriatic acid pump with pH sensor and Monarch SWG. Home made solar heater with Pentair Compool control panel and 3 way valve. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 2 returns, 2" plumbing, Hayward auto fill valve.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by mud
    Hmmm..... I can't get the link to work. Any updated links that I could try??? (pretty please)

18. Back To Top    #18

In the Industry

I believe he was ubducted by aliens.....

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

They finally brought me back.
    But you should see the pool they have now.

20. Back To Top    #20

So many emoticons to choose from. Missed ya!

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast