So I was losing ~4ppm chlorine per day on my 4500 gallon spa. Did an overnight FC loss test and it was 1.5ppm, so I decided to shock the spa. CYA was 40 and FC was 4 before shocking, and after 182oz of chlorine in the morning and a day in the hot Texas sun, FC was 14.
Shock level goal was 16, and I wanted a bit extra for some wiggle room, so i added 64 oz of chlorine. After a few hours, the FC is >30 (measured it three times).
So, I read here that chlorine can damage equipment. Should I do a partial drain, or just let it be as there may be still some algae and along with the texas sun may bring it down a decent amount? Thanks