Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: recommend good robotic pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

recommend good robotic pool cleaner

I work a lot of overtime durning summer months so I don"t have the time to vacuum. I need a good reliable one. Is it worth it to get the remote for when I am around to use it?

What do you think of Blue diamond?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: recommend good robotic pool cleaner

No robotic cleaner is perfect. That said, the Blue Diamond is very well reviewed.

I like having the remote, especially for when I am in a hurry. I can steer the unit right to the dirt instead of waiting for it to complete a full cycle. But you could certainly live without it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Hey,

I own a Blue Diamond w/remote and am happy with it. A pool your size will be no problem for the blue diamond to clean pretty well in it's normal 90 minute cycle. My larger pool takes 2, sometimes 3 cycles. I wish the cycle time was programmable so I could adjust it for my pool.

The remote is VERY helpful if you have the time to sit by the pool and drive it around....you can spot clean more efficiently. That said, steering it is not very intuitive so I have never gotten very good at controlling mine smoothly. It's easier for me to place it in the pool and let it do it's thing.

It's the only robot I've ever had so I don't know how it compares to other similarly priced units.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I have been using my Tiger Shark QC for a little over 3 years. Only other pool cleaner I’ve had was a Hayward Navigator. The Tiger Shark does a good job of cleaning, climbs stairs and walls and does the waterline. Cleaning the cartridge is fairly easy. The only thing I have replaced on it are the treads.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have an Aquabot Turbo I like a lot. I got the remote. It's nice to have, as Jason said, to steer it if you need to. The Aquabot has a progammable run time as well.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

I got the Polaris 9300 a few weeks ago. Works very well, and it's very easy to empty the filter. Also comes with a caddy to store/transport it which is nice.

For the times I've run it, I would watch it for around 30 mins or so (because it's just so cool...) and it just didn't seem like it would get everything (would go over the same spots with some regularity); however, I would leave and come back at the end of the 90 min runs to see a perfectly clean pool every time.
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by beezar
    I got the Polaris 9300 a few weeks ago. Works very well, and it's very easy to empty the filter. Also comes with a caddy to store/transport it which is nice.

For the times I've run it, I would watch it for around 30 mins or so (because it's just so cool...) and it just didn't seem like it would get everything (would go over the same spots with some regularity); however, I would leave and come back at the end of the 90 min runs to see a perfectly clean pool every time.
    I was the same way as you with my polaris. I actually almost thought about selling it. Then one day I let it go for about an hr or so and came back and everything was gone and the bag was full. I was like I am keeping this haha.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits