Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: INtex swg?

1. Back To Top    #1

INtex swg?

So I am trying to buy a new intex swg and can only find the new model except on ebay. Well paypal wants all my check account info and they are not getting that so I guess I'm buying the new model. Are there any down sides to the copper ionization in the pool? I have a 18x48 intex above ground pool. Thanks
    17,000 gal, IG, dark plaster, salt water
    All Jandy: 1.5hp pump, CL-460 Cartridge filters, Aquapure chlorine generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: INtex swg?

You can disconnect the wire going to the ionizer and not have to worry about the copper. There are still some 2009 model Intex SWG on Amazon, BTW.
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuncowboycummins
    So I am trying to buy a new intex swg and can only find the new model except on ebay. Well paypal wants all my check account info and they are not getting that so I guess I'm buying the new model. Are there any down sides to the copper ionization in the pool? I have a 18x48 intex above ground pool. Thanks
    Hello,
    Another down side to the new Intex SWG is the chlorine output. The new SWG only puts out half of the chlorine from the older model. So if you can put off getting one right away, take some time and try to find an older model (without the copper). Less run time on the cell because more chlorine is produced will help extend the life of the unit. I just bought another older model off of ebay (from private seller, not a business) to have as a backup just in case.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

4. Back To Top    #4

well I ordered one that was advertized as an 09 model and the picture was of an 09 model so hopefully that's what I get
    17,000 gal, IG, dark plaster, salt water
    All Jandy: 1.5hp pump, CL-460 Cartridge filters, Aquapure chlorine generator