Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about plug for T-15 cell

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about plug for T-15 cell

Hey everybody Hope everyone survived the awful winter. I see where it's not quite over for some
    I remember seeing somewhere here about an expandable rubber plug for a T-15 SWCG. I think it was a #11 Can someone confirm this for me before I go out and buy one? This will be my 3rd summer with my pool and it's probably time to check/clean the cell. I've never done this procedure before. Is the water/acid ratio 4:1? Can the water be just plain old tap water?

I am soooo looking forward to swimming weather

Thanks.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about plug for T-15 cell

Hi Lynn! You may not need to acid wash the cell at all - have you taken a look at it? If it doesn't have scaly deposits, you're good to go.
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey "Gator" No, I've never had the cell disconnected. New adventure here I quess I just unplug it and unscrew it on both sides and take a look huh??? If it doesn't look scaley (?sp) just hook it back up. I'm wonder how much water will pour out when I take that puppy loose???

Is the rubber plug a #11????
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Yup, unplug it and take a look. Some water will come out, but it isn't too much. I'm afraid I don't know about the expandable rubber plug - I have a "T-Cell cleaning stand" that screws into one end cell for acid washing - but I've never used it - never had scale in the 3 years I've had the pool.
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks no-mas. Maybe someone will come along with the answer. Gators aren't looking too bad in the tournament. I don't think we can take much more drama on "Rocky Top"
    Lynn

6. Back To Top    #6

Found it: gold-line-aqua-rite-says-inspect-cell-t28987.html?hilit=expandable%20rubber

It's been a good year for basketball - my expectations were pretty low in December. Hope our new football coaches build some excitement this year; last year was awful! How long until UF v. UT? September will be here before we know it!

7. Back To Top    #7

In the following post Waste said that is a #11 plug. I bought one last year for a couple bucks when I ordered some chemicals, but haven't had to use it (or thought to try it). Here is the link:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/how-t...ll-t17517.html.

Hope that helps!
    27K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pump, 24" sand filter, Goldline Aqua Plus SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you both very much Two different threads even. Both with exactly what I was needing.
    Lynn

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi Lynn

See what happens when I go to do some housework, other folks have to answer for me

I hope the cell doesn't need cleaning and that you have a GREAT pool season
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

10. Back To Top    #10

Hey Ted. I thought it was you who mentioned the plug, just couldn't find the thread. Should have bookmarked it
    Hope you've adjusted to your move.
    Quote Originally Posted by waste
    See what happens when I go to do some housework, other folks have to answer for me

:

I've been married x2, and here in the Volunteer State, neither one of them ever volunteered to do housework
    You're a good man Ted.
    Lynn