new pool plus instal, sunk 2 ft deep, costs??

Mar 8, 2011
Jax, FLORIDA
Got an instal quote for a 24ft cyprus pool. The pool itself is 3800 and the instal quote was $3250. this includes a 2 foot deep sunk , pvc piping, elect and dirt haul away.

$3250 sounds rather steep for an instal, but it does included a semi inground instal and elctrical and pvc piping and dirt haul away, which I questioned since I think the dirt can be re-distributed around my yard...then again Im not sure how much is 24 diam 2ft deep dirt is in volume, prolly a lot eh?

anyway.. thoughts ?

I paid about 2,700 last year to have mine dug and installed. Electrical setup was separate from that. You're gonna need SOME of that dirt to level back off from it settling. I'd keep half the dirt at least for that and your yard. Let the neighbors come get the rest!

woodyp said:
I paid about 2,700 last year to have mine dug and installed. Electrical setup was separate from that. You're gonna need SOME of that dirt to level back off from it settling. I'd keep half the dirt at least for that and your yard. Let the neighbors come get the rest!

Thats about in line with my estimate when u factor in the elctrical and dirt haul away.

I asked about keeping the dirt, but he said theres gonna be too much left over. And he will keep some of it to do the back-fill.

Did u have urs semi sunk or fully sunk? and what size is urs? Would u do it over again?

Tough to say if the quote is good or not :scratch:

To install a 24' round (hook up pump filter and plug it into existing electrical, with up to 6" leveling) our local installers charge around $800-$1,200.
Plumbing - if by this you mean PVC hard piping, that's usually about a $200 upcharge on a AGP, vs just hooking up the flex hoses that typically come w/ the pool.

The big unknown is your electrical, how long is the run to the pool and are they installing/hooking up. For me, this ended up running an additional $1,400, but that included digging a 80ft long trench, inspection, elec permit, etc. Your milage may vary...but given you are sinking the pool 2ft...the price does not seem that far off :goodjob:

dmanb2b said:
Tough to say if the quote is good or not :scratch:

To install a 24' round (hook up pump filter and plug it into existing electrical, with up to 6" leveling) our local installers charge around $800-$1,200.
Plumbing - if by this you mean PVC hard piping, that's usually about a $200 upcharge on a AGP, vs just hooking up the flex hoses that typically come w/ the pool.

The big unknown is your electrical, how long is the run to the pool and are they installing/hooking up. For me, this ended up running an additional $1,400, but that included digging a 80ft long trench, inspection, elec permit, etc. Your milage may vary...but given you are sinking the pool 2ft...the price does not seem that far off :goodjob:

Yes, this includeds PVC hard piping. the run from the pool to the hookup would be about 40ft and this is included in the est...
So, yeah, Im feeling kinda warm n fuzzy now about the cost as it seems to be in the ball park....

now need to see about that dirt... lol

Jaxxboss said:
now need to see about that dirt... lol

A lot of what you do with it dpends on what kind of material it is. Clean fill to one personmay not be "clean" to a landscape dude or builder. My dirt when i dug my IG pool and retaining walls was full of busted up rock from blasting ledge up the hill from me. Lucky I knew a builder across town that needed any kind of fill for a 30 acre plot he was building condos on, so we dumped it for free. I had over 400 yards to get rid of too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine is sunk 2ft. KEEP some dirt for "sinkage" at least. I guarantee you the topsoil will end up on the bottom of the dirt pile too! And he doesn't HAVE to haul it off either. If he says that-he's just gonna turn around and sell it. Probably 2 dumptrucks worth. He should charge you around 150 less to leave it all there. Problem is-it's gonna kill the grass where he piles it if you can't move it almost immediately too. Add a sig line to your profile like mine below.

I'd see exactly how much dirt there is before you tell him you may want to keep it. We had a 15x30 install and what ended up being much more grading that the yard looked like it would require. We had huge dirt piles, I paid a landscaper $300 to regrade the entire back yard and take the extra dirt with him, he took two truck loads after backfilling and re-grading.

If your install price includes electric and backfill 2ft burial and clean up I think it sounds pretty good.

Also, i didnt ask when I was talking to the guy, buttt. Sand base (dunno if thats included in the build) I do know its not included in the pool price...Guess i should ask him about that whether he furnishes it or me.. But the pool place has a deluxe kit for 800 thyat has little odds n ends, skimmer/cleaner/chems. light for ladder, and a thick plastic base that would go down instead of sand...supposed to stop weed/plant growth better...but since Im going 2 feet down would i benefit from it vice sand?

We had our 16 x 32 buried 3 feet, plus a 7' deep end. We told him we wanted to keep our dirt and he knocked $150 off the price of the $3,000 install fee. This price did not include plumbing and electrical.

I sunk mine too. 21 round by 52, sunk roughly 2-3 ft. Here's a few pics to give you an idea of how much dirt will be left. The fence is 6ft high. I had plenty left after backfilling!! I also paid someone to haul it away. I had no room for it.
IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.