Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pool plus instal, sunk 2 ft deep, costs??

new pool plus instal, sunk 2 ft deep, costs??

Got an instal quote for a 24ft cyprus pool. The pool itself is 3800 and the instal quote was $3250. this includes a 2 foot deep sunk , pvc piping, elect and dirt haul away.

$3250 sounds rather steep for an instal, but it does included a semi inground instal and elctrical and pvc piping and dirt haul away, which I questioned since I think the dirt can be re-distributed around my yard...then again Im not sure how much is 24 diam 2ft deep dirt is in volume, prolly a lot eh?

anyway.. thoughts ?

Re: new pool plus instal, sunk 2 ft deep, costs??

I paid about 2,700 last year to have mine dug and installed. Electrical setup was separate from that. You're gonna need SOME of that dirt to level back off from it settling. I'd keep half the dirt at least for that and your yard. Let the neighbors come get the rest!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    1.5 hp Speck pump 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    I paid about 2,700 last year to have mine dug and installed. Electrical setup was separate from that. You're gonna need SOME of that dirt to level back off from it settling. I'd keep half the dirt at least for that and your yard. Let the neighbors come get the rest!

Thats about in line with my estimate when u factor in the elctrical and dirt haul away.

I asked about keeping the dirt, but he said theres gonna be too much left over. And he will keep some of it to do the back-fill.

Did u have urs semi sunk or fully sunk? and what size is urs? Would u do it over again?

I see people on craigslist looking for clean fill all the time. Why would you pay someone to haul it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Candi
    I see people on craigslist looking for clean fill all the time. Why would you pay someone to haul it away?

Because he says he cannot leave the dirt there on the property....Even though im pretty sure I have plenty of room. I dunno... maybe he's ripping me???

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxboss

Because he says he cannot leave the dirt there on the property
    Ask him why. It's your dirt, you own it.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

Quote Originally Posted by bk406

Because he says he cannot leave the dirt there on the property
    Ask him why. It's your dirt, you own it.
    LOL. I will. Not sure if it will change the price much....but then again, any savings is good savings.

Tough to say if the quote is good or not

To install a 24' round (hook up pump filter and plug it into existing electrical, with up to 6" leveling) our local installers charge around $800-$1,200.
    Plumbing - if by this you mean PVC hard piping, that's usually about a $200 upcharge on a AGP, vs just hooking up the flex hoses that typically come w/ the pool.

The big unknown is your electrical, how long is the run to the pool and are they installing/hooking up. For me, this ended up running an additional $1,400, but that included digging a 80ft long trench, inspection, elec permit, etc. Your milage may vary...but given you are sinking the pool 2ft...the price does not seem that far off
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    Tough to say if the quote is good or not

To install a 24' round (hook up pump filter and plug it into existing electrical, with up to 6" leveling) our local installers charge around $800-$1,200.
    Plumbing - if by this you mean PVC hard piping, that's usually about a $200 upcharge on a AGP, vs just hooking up the flex hoses that typically come w/ the pool.

The big unknown is your electrical, how long is the run to the pool and are they installing/hooking up. For me, this ended up running an additional $1,400, but that included digging a 80ft long trench, inspection, elec permit, etc. Your milage may vary...but given you are sinking the pool 2ft...the price does not seem that far off

Yes, this includeds PVC hard piping. the run from the pool to the hookup would be about 40ft and this is included in the est...
    So, yeah, Im feeling kinda warm n fuzzy now about the cost as it seems to be in the ball park....

now need to see about that dirt... lol

now need to see about that dirt... lol
    A lot of what you do with it dpends on what kind of material it is. Clean fill to one personmay not be "clean" to a landscape dude or builder. My dirt when i dug my IG pool and retaining walls was full of busted up rock from blasting ledge up the hill from me. Lucky I knew a builder across town that needed any kind of fill for a 30 acre plot he was building condos on, so we dumped it for free. I had over 400 yards to get rid of too.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

new pool plus instal, sunk 2 ft deep, costs??

You should minimally keep the topsoil ... That stuff is of value.
    16 x 42 x 24 In-ground Vinyl True-L, ~27,000 gallons, full width steel steps, 8' Cuddle cove swimout
    2 X Colorlogic 4.0 LEDs
    Hayward Tristar 1 hp 2-speed pump, Hayward SwimClear C3025 Cartridge filter
    Hayward Aqua-Plus PL-PLUS Controls + Chlorination
    (waiting for NSTAR!)Hayward low-Nox 400K BTU heater
    Tigershark QC
    TF-100 test kit

Quote Originally Posted by BigJD
    You should minimally keep the topsoil ... That stuff is of value.
    Not if you seen our top soil[attachment=0:1fue52yf]yard-resized.jpg[/attachment:1fue52yf]. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine is sunk 2ft. KEEP some dirt for "sinkage" at least. I guarantee you the topsoil will end up on the bottom of the dirt pile too! And he doesn't HAVE to haul it off either. If he says that-he's just gonna turn around and sell it. Probably 2 dumptrucks worth. He should charge you around 150 less to leave it all there. Problem is-it's gonna kill the grass where he piles it if you can't move it almost immediately too. Add a sig line to your profile like mine below.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    1.5 hp Speck pump 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

just FYI that amount equals about 33.51 cubic yards. some places around here sell good topsoil for $20-$30 a yard.
    33k gallon inground, plaster, Sand filter, 2 hp hayward single speed.
    will get flow rates asap.

I'd see exactly how much dirt there is before you tell him you may want to keep it. We had a 15x30 install and what ended up being much more grading that the yard looked like it would require. We had huge dirt piles, I paid a landscaper $300 to regrade the entire back yard and take the extra dirt with him, he took two truck loads after backfilling and re-grading.

If your install price includes electric and backfill 2ft burial and clean up I think it sounds pretty good.
    Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool
    Pentair sand dollar filter
    1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump
    13,500 gallons

Also, i didnt ask when I was talking to the guy, buttt. Sand base (dunno if thats included in the build) I do know its not included in the pool price...Guess i should ask him about that whether he furnishes it or me.. But the pool place has a deluxe kit for 800 thyat has little odds n ends, skimmer/cleaner/chems. light for ladder, and a thick plastic base that would go down instead of sand...supposed to stop weed/plant growth better...but since Im going 2 feet down would i benefit from it vice sand?

We had our 16 x 32 buried 3 feet, plus a 7' deep end. We told him we wanted to keep our dirt and he knocked $150 off the price of the $3,000 install fee. This price did not include plumbing and electrical.
    32x16 buried Doughboy, 4' shallow - 7' deep
    Pentair Dynamo 1 hp, 2-speed - Pentair 150# SD40 w/zeolite (75#)
    One skimmer/two returns
    Move over Aquabot Turbo - Pool Blaster Max is lighter!
    BBB and learning more every day!

I sunk mine too. 21 round by 52, sunk roughly 2-3 ft. Here's a few pics to give you an idea of how much dirt will be left. The fence is 6ft high. I had plenty left after backfilling!! I also paid someone to haul it away. I had no room for it.

10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    Pics taken 2012
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0606.jpg
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0607.jpg

price doesn't seem to bad- I'd probably charge 2500, as a laborer, 2 weekends of work...
    retiring from Navy soon, have to start finding work!
    33ft x 52in AGP (partially buried) 26000 gal
    sand filter, 200#, 2.5 hp 2 speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

Sounds high to me? I paid a guy $250 to dig the hole (he does professional inground pool digs) and then I paid an installer $250 to help my hubby install the pool.