Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Here We go!

1. Back To Top    #1

Here We go!

Ok, so the pool finished filling up last night ( good thing I got up early, the water level was RIGHT at the mid point line on the tiles when I went out to check) and as soon as the PB comes out and starts up the pumps we are live!!! Gotta pick up some CYA on the way home from work today, but I think I have everything else ready to plug into the PC. The PB took a sample of our tap and gave me the results and recommendations, but I will be going by the PS numbers. I am also going to do my own test on the water in the pool before adding anything since it seems sometimes the test vary some.
    Now for my first (of probably many questions), do I need to add calcium initially? Seems I remember reading that that will come out as the plaster cures? Thanks!!
    B
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Here We go!

The only thing you will be adding for the next week or so, assuming you meant plaster in the literal vs generic sense, is acid. Then they will have you slowly start adding stuff.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

The best thing you can do is go by neither of their numbers. Get a good kit (if you don't already have one) and do your own tests.

The only way we would know if you need to add calcium is if you told us what the calcium number is now.

As Scott said, you'll probably need acid and you'll surely need some chlorine. The CYA is a good start too. I wouldn't add anything else until I got some good test results. If you post them here we'll help you as well.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! The PB does not give me a start up sheet, so I am kinda on my own in that dept. Just found out they will prob not get out today to start up the pumps (they give 2 days for filling) but tomorrow. I will be getting a sample later today and yup, got my TFP test kit rearing to go. I will post number when I get them. Thanks again!! I feel much more confident doing my start up with TFP helping me out!
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,