Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great CYA price

1. Back To Top    #1

Great CYA price

Each spring the biggest expense for startup for me is the dose of CYA. I usually go ahead and get what I think I'll need for the year. I usually expect to pay around $3.50-$4.00 per pound, but stumbled on this place. I ordered Tues, it shipped Wed, and it's supposed to be dlivered today. Note that the 4# pail is cheaper per pound than the 8#. That seems weird, but I bought the 4's.

http://www.dtydirect.com/ProductDesc.as ... onditioner
    The avatar is Spalding from Caddyshack
    18x36 vinyl IG - approximately 24000 gal
    Jandy SHPM1.5 Pump (1.5 HP); Jandy APURE 1400 SWG; Polaris PB4-60Q Booster Pump; Jandy CL340 Cartridge Filter
    (3) 4'x12' Aquatherm solar panels
    Next project, pump sound enclosure and lots of pool landscaping [6tons of stone 8) funnnn]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Great CYA price

From what I can tell, the 1.75# is the same price as the 4#. I think the 4# has an error in the price. I'm more than happy to take advantage of that! Thank you.

3. Back To Top    #3

That's a great price! I went ahead and ordered four of the 4 pound buckets. Less than $40 shipped to me! The local pool store wants almost $30 for ONE bucket that size.
    Clearwater, Florida

12,000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool
    Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP Pump
    Pentair CCP420 420sq/ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G 120V Pool Light

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Candi
    From what I can tell, the 1.75# is the same price as the 4#. I think the 4# has an error in the price. I'm more than happy to take advantage of that! Thank you.
    I bet you're right. I need to do an algaecide treatment now too in prep for an iron treamtent, so that kicked me high enough for free shipping. I bookmarked that site for sure.
    Jandy SHPM1.5 Pump (1.5 HP); Jandy APURE 1400 SWG; Polaris PB4-60Q Booster Pump; Jandy CL340 Cartridge Filter
    Next project, pump sound enclosure and lots of pool landscaping [6tons of stone 8) funnnn]

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the heads up on a great deal! To sweeten it up when I placed my order I used this coupon code Dtysave15a it gave another 15% off and somehow I also got free shipping!!! The total order was less than 27$ for 4 4lb buckets! Hope it works as well for everyone else too!
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ROB N
    Thanks for the heads up on a great deal! To sweeten it up when I placed my order I used this coupon code Dtysave15a it gave another 15% off and somehow I also got free shipping!!! The total order was less than 27$ for 4 4lb buckets! Hope it works as well for everyone else too!
    oh darn, and I already placed my order.

7. Back To Top    #7

order placed 3 4lb tubs...no free shipping though Although $27 for 12lbs of CYA Shipped is a great deal...thanks for the tip
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by ROB N
    Well darn, I would've loved another 15% off of my order.

Had to edit. The filter made the 4 letter word for excrement that starts in c and ends in p look like I used the other 4 letter word for it. Used darn instead.

9. Back To Top    #9

well ****
    well ****
    well darn

HAHAHA, sorry, I didn't know what you meant so I had to test it.

10. Back To Top    #10

Wow! Bought two myself. Thanks Dayhiker!!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for the tip I bought 4 for my new pool (figure I might need some extra and the shelf life is good if stored cool and dry so no worries!) 15% yes but no free shipping for me

Shipping was only 5.99 for 16 pounds though I can't complain there either!

Solid tip!

RSE
    24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!
    Vist TFT Test Kits --- Visit Pool School ---
    Visit the Pool Calculator

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks a bunch!

I ordered the things I was about to head to the big box store for - CYA, a vac hose & a leaf net. Got the 15%, too!

They will be delivered Monday (2 business days) and all for <$44!

They got some pretty darn good prices
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Wow Ordered mine late Thursday Night and its already hear Monday afternoon!!! not bad from Kansas to Ohio!
    24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!

14. Back To Top    #14

wow...just noticed they carry the pool rover junior...with the 15% off it comes to a touch over $235 which is a great deal.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

15. Back To Top    #15

Just a word of warning... the other day i was the victim of some fraudulent charges... the only non ordinary place I spent money was here for the CYA ... do yourselves a favor and monitor your credit cards for strange charges (mine were for $354 and $351 from leolooks and davebic both of which were precious stones and metals in nature)
    so just make sure your ok too
    I check my cards online all the time and never ever had this type of problem before
    you never know when someone will take your info and send it to someone they know thousands of miles away and do something bad!

16. Back To Top    #16

Walmart sells HTH CYA about as cheap with no shipping
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

17. Back To Top    #17

more from the credit card people... it wouldn't ahve been this company but still be diligent everyday with your cards to prevent problems!

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by bk406
    Walmart sells HTH CYA about as cheap with no shipping
    BK you shop at Walmart Ok..just kidding, I love Wally's

Definately if all you need is 4lbs Walmart is as good of deal or close...I'm pretty sure Walmart charges around $16 for a 4lb HTH container. The deal here is if you order more than 1 4lb container at $7.99 each...all you pay is 5.99 shipping or if anyone is just too darn lazy to go to Wally World

19. Back To Top    #19

I bought 4
    Neighbor got 1

with a new install and 13500 I figure to need at least 1 to start.. and if stored properly will last me plenty! so overall price was only 8.19 ea... savings paid for my magnetic stirrer

20. Back To Top    #20

Still haven't gotten mine. Hopefully it shows up today.
    Clearwater, Florida

12,000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool
    Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP Pump
    Pentair CCP420 420sq/ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G 120V Pool Light

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast