Cutting vinyl liner

Mar 22, 2011
Just wondering about enlarging the wholes in my agp. Bought a sand filter new for $100 (got to love walmart) and it seems too powerful for the smaller inlet/outlet. I have the larger inlet/outlet that threads together, just wondering if it's safe to just cut the liner larger or if you should put a patch of some sort then cut?? Thanks for any ideas/suggestion.

Welcome to TFP!!

Can you post a pic of your new inlet/ outlet?

In my experience the inlet/outlet through the wall fittings are all the same size. What you may be talking about is the size of the 'eyeball' or directional insert, in which case all you have to do is unscrew the 'setting ring' and put in the larger 'eyeball'.

If you do need to replace the entire through the wall fitting, I can offer advice and tips on doing it :cool:

marnichol said:
Just wondering about enlarging the wholes in my agp. Bought a sand filter new for $100 (got to love walmart) and it seems too powerful for the smaller inlet/outlet. I have the larger inlet/outlet that threads together, just wondering if it's safe to just cut the liner larger or if you should put a patch of some sort then cut?? Thanks for any ideas/suggestion.
Looks like someone beat me to it but I will ask the question also.
By any chance do you have an Intex pool or is it a standard AGP? The sand filter is Intex right? If the pool is an Intex, there should already be some sort of patch applied to the liner that is bigger than the current inlet/outlet holes. If the patch is there you can safely cut the liner to the diamiter of the larger inlet/outlet fittings. I have an Intex pool and I added a thru-wall skimmer to mine and there is no patch around the BIG whole I cut and have had no problems with the liner. Post some pics othe pool if you can.
P.S. If you update you signature with some pool specs it can help give everyone a better understanding of any future questions you may have. You update the signature in the control panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.