Easy Touch to control sprinkler valve

jvmjr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 21, 2010
Oklahoma
I have researched this a bit and found a couple of posts that say this can be done. But I haven't found how to do it. I have an Easy Touch 8 and have spare relays but I'm not sure how this would work. Since the sprinkler valve is low voltage, would I need a transformer between the ET and SV? Yes, I know I could just install a sprinkler control box but I am trying to cut down on all the stuff I have bolted to the wall. Ie trying to keep the wife happy! If there is a way to do this, I would like to try. Thanks in advance.
Jay

Basically you'll need a relay and a box/mount to put it in. The relay will need to have a coil with the same voltage as the Easytouch puts out and the relay contacts should be rated for 24VDC 1A which shouldn't be hard. You only really need a SPST (Single pole, single throw) relay. Then you'll need a 24VAC power supply rated at 1A. You can get these from irrigation suppliers although you do pay a premium from them. Send one wire from the PS to one side of the irrigation valve, and the other to one side of the relay CONTACT. The from the other side of the contact to the other wire on the irrigation valve. The coil is then connected to the 2 wires coming from your Easytouch.

You can use one of your existing relays. You need a transformer that puts out the correct voltage for the sprinkler valve, take the output of that and feed it through one of the Easy Touch relays and on from there to the sprinkler control valve.

JasonLion said:
You can use one of your existing relays. You need a transformer that puts out the correct voltage for the sprinkler valve, take the output of that and feed it through one of the Easy Touch relays and on from there to the sprinkler control valve.

You can use the valve operator socket on the board. Pentair has a part called the PIG3, that will allow you to connect a low draw 24vdc solenoid valve directly to the board. We do this all the time for waterslides, but we just use a cord from a old/defective valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.