Finally bought a Big Green Egg!

Nov 12, 2009
Tulsa,OK
I've been wanting a ceramic grill for a few years, just didn't want to spend >$1000.
The Big Green Egg, Grill Dome, and Primo's all had my interest. I'd never seen one near me on Craigslist until a few weeks ago. I bought a like new Large BGE with nest, side tables, and a platesetter for $500.

So far I'm loving it. I smoked a Pork shoulder for 18 hours at 230 degrees without ever messing with the Lump charcoal, and had enough left to bring it up to 350 degrees and cook a "spatchcocked" chicken for an hour. Both were fantastic. Will be doing an 8 lb Brisket this weekend.

BGE.jpg

Pork.jpg

Pork1.jpg

Spatchcock.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yep..you'll love it..I've had one now for about 9 months..LOVE IT....I have "the stoker" as mentioned above and it does a fantastic job at keeping temps even on long smokes....but all I gotta say is CLOSE THAT LID!!! If you're lookin'....you ain't cookin!! :)

mart242 said:
Now go buy a stoker for it. Really nice for long cooks.

https://www.rocksbarbque.com/

I have one, the wireless upgrade hasn't worked for me yet, but it is a great thing. I gotta send it in to get it sorted out, but it's indisposable for peace of mind overnight smokes.

Something else OP may want to look into is a Woo3 (I think I'm calling it correctly) setup, it's a ring, smaller pizza stone, and an extension grate, I can smoke ~4-5 butts on my large egg with that running

134054348.jpg

the superbowl butt
141335592.jpg

If you haven't found it already, the nakedwhiz has a TON of good info.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.