Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: source for a simpool PH or Seko Poolbasic PH unit in US?

1. Back To Top    #1

where to buy seko poolbasic PH or Aqua water systems simpool

I have seen a lot of discussion on these units but can't find a source in the USA. Can anyone in the states using these tell me where they got them? Also, were there any electrical issues? I have 110 and 220 available. thanks for the feedback.
    16x34 17,000 gal IG gunite blue granite pebble sheen 420 sq ft pentair cartridge, intelliflow SVRS, easy touch 8, 5G led, moss boulder waterfall, http://www.troublefreepool.com/build...fw-t31285.html

2. Back To Top    #2

source for a simpool PH or Seko Poolbasic PH unit in US?

I have seen a lot of discussion on these units but can't find a source in the USA. Can anyone in the States using one of these tell me where they got them? Also, were there any electrical issues? I have 110 and 220 available. thanks for the feedback.

Posts merged. Please don't ask the same question in more than one place. JasonLion
    16x34 17,000 gal IG gunite blue granite pebble sheen 420 sq ft pentair cartridge, intelliflow SVRS, easy touch 8, 5G led, moss boulder waterfall, http://www.troublefreepool.com/build...fw-t31285.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: source for a simpool PH or Seko Poolbasic PH unit in US?

I'd like to know myself. Isn't that weird that these units aren't available anywhere in the US? I contacted Aqua in UK and they won't ship. I can't find anything on the web about Italy for this company?
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

http://www.aquawatersystems.co.uk/index ... sign_pumps
    http://www.aqua.it/prodotti.asp
    The Italian company that makes them ship to the US. The other site is a UK one.
    Self built 5500 gallon bare concrete (temporarily) pool with limestone coping, Pentair Swimmey 1/2 HP pump, Triton sand filter with DE, Simpool peristaltic muriatic acid pump with pH sensor and Monarch SWG. Home made solar heater with Pentair Compool control panel and 3 way valve. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 2 returns, 2" plumbing, Hayward auto fill valve.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

As a point of interest, I was intrigued by the pH and chlorine metering product by these folks and even contracted an Italian interpreter to explore purchasing their products and selling them @ TFTestkits.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far because the price quote they gave me for A BUNCH of units was not attractive enough to make it a viable product. In a nutshell, I could sell equivalent American made products for less money so I saw no point in pursuing it further.

I still like the design of the units, however.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

heh

I purchased mine directly from Aqua Italia, paid directly the invoice and received the item one week later, shipped to Florida. Notice I paid before item was shipped as I had no doubt they would send it. No issues with customs or US postal service delivering the package.

Installation was a snap, very easy. The only mod I made was to remove the EU standard dual-prong cord and connected a heavy duty 3-wire (hot,hot,ground) to a dedicated 240v feed. The unit is automatic 50/60 hZ, 220-240v.

It comes completed with all needed parts, including the drill bit to make a snug hole into 2" PVC and the saddle clamp is absolutely leak proof. Have calibrated the sensor about 3 times since installation and it maintains absolutely solid 7.5-7.6 pH as I have it dialed. With a SWCG, it's very useful and am planning to replace the probe in next 12 months (cost about 70-75.00 usd which is variable as EUR/Forex fluctuates), may also replace it with a Technopool series also from Aqua Italia.

Some contact(s)

export dot comm at libero dot it
    export dot comm at email dot it

if you don't get an answer, send me a PM and I will send direct email address for the international sales manager & team.

7. Back To Top    #7

I had contacted the British supplier and I consider them shady. They stated the only way to pay was Paypal and all the wording of the message really gave me an uneasy feeling although they couldn't deliver. I'll try the Italian manufacturer...
    TFT-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    As a point of interest, I was intrigued by the pH and chlorine metering product by these folks and even contracted an Italian interpreter to explore purchasing their products and selling them @ TFTestkits.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far because the price quote they gave me for A BUNCH of units was not attractive enough to make it a viable product. In a nutshell, I could sell equivalent American made products for less money so I saw no point in pursuing it further.

Of all the equipment you could sell, I think a cheap, well made ph pump would be ideal! Are you planning on bringing some to tftestkits?
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh

I can promise you, I would buy one!
    TFT-100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

I can supply the Seko version, its auto ranging power supply 110v-220-240v 50-60hz and I am not affraid to ship!

In this catalogue the full range of automation equipment can be seen HERE
    There is also a small ph pump to match the small timed chlorine pump

11. Back To Top    #11

>> I'll try the Italian manufacturer...

FWIW, I paid the italians directly, using euros and payment was done electronically, verified same day and they shipped the unit the very next day to USA.

have no complaints so far , they were very helpful both before and after the purchase and I do have some additional email(s) that I can provide via PM, if needed.

teapot was very helpful in 'splainin' the initial bits of my hesitation and as I had mentioned privately, I would have gladly purchased a Seko or any similar US made or US distributed unit but could not locate anyone on this side of the pond willing or able to sell it.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by teapot
    I can supply the Seko version, its auto ranging power supply 110v-220-240v 50-60hz and I am not affraid to ship!

In this catalogue the full range of automation equipment can be seen HERE
    There is also a small ph pump to match the small timed chlorine pump
    Roughly (it'll be next year when I actually buy one) how much Would a seko with ph probe (similar to the simpool) cost? 200? 300?
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Dale.s I will PM you so as to comply with Mods wishes and forum rules.

14. Back To Top    #14

Teapot,

Send me also details on ordering a Seko pH pump as I have a couple other projects coming up and would love to feature one for an upcoming new installation.