Impeller - is this my problem?

rrself

May 23, 2010
Denton, TX
My pool stopped circulating last week and my strainer pot was not filling with water. Today I took the pump off to see if I could figure out the problem. I have no idea what I'm looking at really, but this doesn't seem right:

IMG_0480.jpg

This thing is all beat up
IMG_0482.jpg

And this was just sitting on top and it looks all chewed up too
IMG_0483.jpg

It seems like the last piece I showed there should be held down by the shaft thing in the first 2 pictures to make it spin. Am I way off here, or have I possibly found my problem?

Thanks

Make sure of the pump model and corresponding impeller you need, and order a new one. The part number might be right on the impeller itself.

They go on really easily. Just hold the opposite end of the motor shaft in place with a wrench and unscrew what's left with channel locks pliers, then screw a new one on hand tight.

Don't mention it! :goodjob:

Another small item to note, it may be reverse threaded depending on the pump, so if it seems to be unscrewing hard try the other direction. If you still have the manual it will probably have that info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.