Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My brothers pump just went out

1. Back To Top    #1

My brothers pump just went out

My brothers pump just went out on him and he needs a new one. Not sure what size it was but know it was very old. His pool is plaster 30000 gallon rectangle with 4 returns 2 skimmers and one main drain. With 1 1/2 in pvc. Need some help with what size pump he should get.
    Appx 37000 Gallons
    IG Pool
    vinyl Liner
    2 HP Hayward Super Pump with 25" Sand Filter Filled with Zeo Bright
    4 Pentair Deck Jets
    2 Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 Lights
    Diving Board
    Turbo Twister Slide
    Hayward Aqua Plus Automation with 2 Actuators

100% DIY Build not 1 penny paid yet to build this thing!!!! = Lots of work and Long Nights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another DIY Build

Quote Originally Posted by allybuck64
    My brothers pump just went out on him and he needs a new one. Not sure what size it was but know it was very old. His pool is plaster 30000 gallon rectangle with 4 returns 2 skimmers and one main drain. With 1 1/2 in pvc. Need some help with what size pump he should get.
    Hey Buck You ought have started a new thread for this in the "equipment" area A lot of folks who have the pump knowledge might not see it in your pool build post.

Let me see if I can get one of the MODs to separate this and start up a new thread for you in the right area

[edit]THAT WAS QUICK!!!! Thanks Dave or Jason [/edit]
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: My brothers pump just went out

Unless he has a spa and/or water feature, he could really go with as small a pump as possible. A two speed or variable speed is also an option to save money on energy costs. It really depends on his budget.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: My brothers pump just went out

Thanks for the move. He went with a one horse single speed. Be plans on moving in a year and our electric rate is around 12.5. Thanks for help
    Appx 37000 Gallons
    IG Pool
    vinyl Liner
    2 HP Hayward Super Pump with 25" Sand Filter Filled with Zeo Bright
    4 Pentair Deck Jets
    2 Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 Lights
    Diving Board
    Turbo Twister Slide
    Hayward Aqua Plus Automation with 2 Actuators

100% DIY Build not 1 penny paid yet to build this thing!!!! = Lots of work and Long Nights