Anyone Have the Heliocol Installation manual addendum?

Mar 21, 2011
The Story so far...

I can tell this is going to be a saga, but I purchased some used heliocol 12x4 panels and am looking to get them installed (Estimate it will cost me $1200, vs the $4600 quoted). I still need to order the rest of the parts, piping, etc. But first I wanted to get all of the bureaucratic stuff out of the way such as permits. Well, being a Florida resident, everything has to be difficult do to our hurricane issues. According to Heliocol's 2009 installation manual, "...In order for your installation to comply with this new code[Florida wind loading code], be sure to refer to the FLWC Installation Manual Addendum."

I can not find this "addendum" anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get it? I called Heliocol, and they were more concerned that I actually have some of their panels without going through a contractor! But they have not heard of it.

Second, the Heliocol company mentioned that for the permit, I would need signed engineering drawings for the panels. Does any Florida installer know if this is true? I know you need if for buildings, signs, sheds and such, but the panel is a manufactured product, like a rubbermaid shed. I would be surprised if EVERY solar install had a signed engineering drawing.

Thanks, Tom

Not sure what you're asking for in terms of an addendum, but I can provide a drawing, just not signed. Wasn't required in my local, but each area undoubted varies. My Heliocol dealer said he could get me a signed copy for $50 IIRC. The link below is to a pdf of the roof drawing - hope it works/helps - been a while since I tried this file sharing thing. If it doesn't work, then PM me an e-mail addie & I'll send a copy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s4kkwqufdq70vkm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.